hungryfrank

how to bypass create_account_success.php

No. because the link is in the code. You need to change this line in create_account.php file

tep_redirect(tep_href_link('create_account_success.php', '', 'SSL'));

to

$page = ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? 'checkout_payment.php' : 'index.php');
      tep_redirect(tep_href_link($page)); 

Or, you could duplicate the checkout_success module and have it handle the redirect. That will make it so no core files are changed but would cause an extra redirect.

so many extra redirects thanks somuch

24 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

No. because the link is in the code. You need to change this line in create_account.php file

to

Or, you could duplicate the checkout_success module and have it handle the redirect. That will make it so no core files are changed but would cause an extra redirect.

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

Or just duplicate the create_account page.  The new, not core, file could have completely arbitrary logic. 

Always back up before making changes.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

to

10 hours ago, ecartz said:

Or just duplicate the create_account page.  The new, not core, file could have completely arbitrary logic. 

I already have a header_tag module 

so I added  this. and seems to work, although haven't tested it completely.  any particular problem you guys can see?? thanks

if ((USE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS=='False')&&($PHP_SELF=='crete_account_success.php')){
               tep_redirect($origin_href);
                }

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

The code looks fine as long as you know $origin_href is valid. I think once someone adds something to their cart and then creates an account it means they are ready to checkout so redirecting them to checkout_shipping saves a step for them.

55 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

The code looks fine as long as you know $origin_href is valid. I think once someone adds something to their cart and then creates an account it means they are ready to checkout so redirecting them to checkout_shipping saves a step for them.

I am going to get that from checkout_success.php.  I have to assume that is correct at the time.

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

The location may be valid but I wouldn't assume it is the correct one. For example, if someone clicks checkout or login, they will be shown a login dialog or a link to create account. So once the account is created, if the customer is redirected back to the login page it would be very confusing to them.

Posted (edited)

if I start from shopping cart it goes to checkout

if I start from anywhere else it goes to index.php

just like you code.  ☺️😂

Edited by hungryfrank

Express checkout  

login pop up modal