• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customize colors and shipping on the site

undersiege

Hello,

I'm new with osCommerce, and i'm trying to do somes things since few days. I'm using the 2.3.4.1 version.

. First i've configure the table rate and 2 zones, i've made the shipping configuration for the zone 1, but i don't understand how i can set the shipping for the zone 2 still with table rate

_________

. AfterI made some color customisation with the stylesheet.css with DreamWeaver but there still some things that i don't understand how to customize :

1 : i want to change to a solid color and change the color

2 : i have changed the color but it didn't go in all the box

3 : i didn't find where i have to change the color, it works for Categories/Manufacturers/Informations/etc... but not What's new/Shopping cart and Reviews

4 : i found how to change color in the items boxes but it always stay one box with the default color (the same when you have only one box in the searching result it's with the default color), how i can fix all of them with color or made them transparent

5 : for the item box border, i din't find how to set the color or make it transparent

Many thanks for helping me :)

undersiegesite2.JPG

25 minutes ago, undersiege said:

I'm using the 2.3.4.1 version.

If you have just started we would recommend you use CE Phoenix, you are using an old version.
You should be making additions to your user.css file to change colours and styles.
Using Chrome as a brower, right click on your page and click inspect - you can then identify elements to change style.
See here for ideas.

For the Shipping i have multiples questions if can please :

.for the main file, i should find 19 time the name 'information', but i have only 8 (is it normal ?), others files it's ok.

.in my ftp i don't the folder includes\modules\content\footer, so i have directly upload all the footer folder, right ?

> but when everything is uploaded i have an error while going to admin  Modules → Content :

Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed as constants in /htdocs/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_about_links.php on line 25

actualy the line 24-25 in this file is :

$tpl_data = [ 'group' => $this->group, 'file' => __FILE__ ];
      include 'CE-Phoenix-master/includes/modules/content/footer/includes/modules/content/cm_template.php';
    }

> i've changed to (but same issue..) :

$tpl_data = [ 'group' => $this->group, 'file' => __FILE__ ];
      include 'catalog/includes/modules/content/cm_template.php';
    }

25 minutes ago, undersiege said:

Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed as constants in /htdocs/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_about_links.php on line 25

I'm not specifically familiar with that error, but my first guess would be that you are using an older version of PHP.  Phoenix is PHP 7+. 

Note that you seem to be looking at the wrong file.  The error is talking about the language file but you are posting code from the code file. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thanks for your comment ecartz

i was wrong, the error is from the language file while i had to do :

• There are 7 references shown.
  • Change every instance of information to the new file name about (used here as an example) ensuring the same text case is used e.g. replace information with about and INFORMATION with ABOUT.
  • Delete the following lines (lines 23, 24, and 25 in the example)
'privacy.php' => 'Privacy & Cookie Policy',
'conditions.php' => 'Terms & Conditions',
'shipping.php' => 'Shipping & Returns',
  • Change the line (line 26 in the example)
'contact_us.php' => 'Contact Us'

to

'about.php' => 'About'
  • In the file editor menu, go to and click File → Save as...
  • Enter the new file name (cm_footer_about_links) and click Save

> I've done all of this and it gives :

define('MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ABOUT_TITLE', 'About Links Block');
  define('MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ABOUT_DESCRIPTION', 'Adds About Links Block to the Footer Area of your site');

define('MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ABOUT_HEADING_TITLE', 'About');

const MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_ABOUT_DATA = array(

'about.php' => 'About'
  );

> the line 25 that the error refers to is the " ); " but i don't understand what to do.

1 hour ago, undersiege said:

i was wrong, the error is from the language file while i had to do

What version of CE Phoenix are you using?
You say:

For the Shipping i have multiples questions if can please 

But what you refer to is not a shipping module?
What is it you are exactly wanting/trying to do here?

The error is saying that you can't do

const FOO = array(
);

in older versions of PHP. 

I strongly recommend against trying to edit Phoenix to work prior to PHP 7.  It's not going to be just one or even a hundred problems.  It's a constant battle to keep pace.  Because we will keep making changes using the new PHP functionality. 

If PHP 5.5 or older is a real requirement, you're better off with some version of 2.3.4.  But really, the better solution is almost certainly just to use PHP 7.  Then you can use the code as written. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thank you two for yours answers.

I maybe didn't understand something correctly. I don't know wich PHP i'm using sorry.

Do i have restart from scratch ? I mean remove my osCommerce website from the FTP and do a new one with the Phoenix CE ? (I thought i can use some files from the Phoenix to customize my osCommerce website.)

4 minutes ago, undersiege said:

I maybe didn't understand something correctly. I don't know wich PHP i'm using sorry.

Check with your host provider account.

4 minutes ago, undersiege said:

Do i have restart from scratch ? I mean remove my osCommerce website from the FTP and do a new one with the Phoenix CE ?

CE Phoenix is recommended - it is supported and updated - the old version is not.

Ok i've checked on my administrative panel from my provider, i was on PHP 5.4, i just changed to 7.3 wich is recommended from the provider.

Ok so i delete my actual site and restart from scratch with the last version of Phoenix CE

Archived