• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Cart item - logging out user

zefeena

Hi,

Hope you are all safe and well.

I'm having a right old time here with endless website problems!  For a while now I've notice people seem to buy stuff I no-longer have stock of, I presumed it was a stock control problem, but the other day someone checked out and turned the stock number to -7 (yes minus seven!), as it happened I had enough, but clearly its an issue.  It is set not to allow checkout, so no idea how they did it.  Today, people are having multiple fails checking out with both Paypal and wordplay, going round in circles and occasionally managing to checkout.  

I tried myself and I logged on with an item still in my basket from a while ago and no-longer in stock.  I pressed 'remove' and it logged me out!  It impossible to remove this item from my basket, and impossible to checkout, I presume other people will get this problem too, so no idea how to solve it, or why it has happened.

I'm on an old version as per my signature.

Any ideas? Thanks

1882175310_Screenshot2020-04-06at13_10_39.png.2342112d99aa0dc864e6d70190b70155.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Is no-one else having this issue?  I wonder if anyone on an older version could just try logging on and removing something from their basket to see if they too have the same issue.  My website has been running  for many years, this is a new issue, unrelated to anything I have done, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one affected.  Undoubtably this problem will be causing a loss of sales.

I would really like to find a solution.  Thus far, the only solution is to delete the account and re-register (effectively emptying the whole basket), but those who have 100 items in their cart and want to get rid of 1 item, are not going to be impressed!

Anything?

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Okay! So this seems to be some kind of cookie issue.  If I add an item, it shows only that item in my cart, all other items disappear, if I click the cart, it makes me log in, and everything is back in!  Every time I add something to the cart, everything in the cart disappears, only showing the newly added item.  But as soon as I attempt to checkout, it asks me to log in and everything is there to be checked out!

I'm not sure if this is a Mac problem.  I'm still getting orders, so apparently everyone is not having issues.

Can anyone who is using windows or a different browser, be kind enough to add a few items to the cart and see how you get on? You would need to register, but if you use a surname of TESTING, I'll just delete all accounts of that name later.  thank you

3 hours ago, zefeena said:

Every time I add something to the cart, everything in the cart disappears,

Yes, same happened when I tested using chrome browser - added products to cart, registered as Test Customer, logged off, logged in again with incognito window, products still in cart, added product, other products disappeared - sorry I don't know why but as you say in your signature, it is "botched up" :(
It is well worth paying a certified developer to have a look or better still, set up a new clean website for you.

22 hours ago, Heatherbell said:

Yes, same happened when I tested using chrome browser - added products to cart, registered as Test Customer, logged off, logged in again with incognito window, products still in cart, added product, other products disappeared - sorry I don't know why but as you say in your signature, it is "botched up" :(
It is well worth paying a certified developer to have a look or better still, set up a new clean website for you.

Thank you for taking a look.  I have decided to get a completely new website built.  This morning I remembered something similar happening before, and  it occurred to me, that my hosting had just been renewed.  I went onto my support tickets, and there was a conversation or two with my host about a similar issue 2 years ago, and it was related to the SSL cert renewal or something.  The host fixed it last time, so I've asked them to take a look.  Hopefully they will fix this for me for the short term, until I can get my new website up and running. 

I'm still getting nowhere with this! I've noticed this error showing on my cpanel under 'server info' anyone have any clue what this means  and whether it may have something to do with my 'problem'. thanks1617203223_Screenshot2020-04-10at08_13_21.png.d2562a980b2146125b2c1e1c159e1c52.png

Archived