• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help needed for very old oscommerce website - paypal/card payment addition

neonmusic

hello

our website runs on oscommerce
it is very very old, has been running for about a decade like this
some small changes were done on it but right now the problem is that somehow paypal and/or some kind of online card payment platform or app should be added to it to help people buy online much easier....
unfortunately i do not know only very basic things on oscommerce....
any help, advice would be appreciated

website address - www.neonmusic.hu

my email is - [email protected]

thanks in advance for all you and take care of yourselves

@neonmusicIt's not clear to me what you are asking for. All oscommerce versions have payment modules. If your shop has been working for that long, surely you must have one installed? Please explain the question in more detail.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

most probably we have
but the person who made the website for us back in 2003/2004 is not available to make changes now
until now you could only order items and then pay on delivery 
you could not pay with a card or paypal or anything,....crap i know....

you can log in, choose items, add them to cart and then add your address and shipping
and that's it, we pack it and send it off and then you pay the courier for the parcel...

hope this clears it...

If your shop is the same version as originally installed, then it is one of the first versions of oscommerce. I know payment modules were available in the early versions but I don't recall which ones. You can check the admin->Modules->Payment section to see. Though if they have not been updated, some, if any, will work. Especially the Paypal modules since Paypal has changed things since the original modules were released. There are updated modules you may be able to use but if your shop is a very early version, they may not work in it.

You've gotten your moneys worth with your current shop. But it is filled with security issues and other problems so you are better advised to update it to the latest version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hello again

it is oscommerce 2.2, php version 4.4.0

no idea what this means or if this is helpful

on another note....any idea how i can bulk delete customers on the admin page???
right now i can only do it one by one and it takes ages to get hundreds of customers done.....

thanks alot

2 hours ago, neonmusic said:

it is oscommerce 2.2, php version 4.4.0

The very older versions of oscommerce, the only way to tell which version it is is to look in the files. But from your description, it sounds like one of the first. The php version is very old. As you can see on this page, support for it was stopped 12 years ago. I'm truly surprised your site is not being regularly hacked. But if it is working for you and you are not having problem and your host continues to offer that version of php, then it will continue to work as it is.

Although any Paypal modules installed will not work due to changes at Paypal. There is an addon called the Paypal App that is used for Paypal and it can work in some older versions of oscommerce so if you don't want to upgrade oscommerce and you want to use Paypal, that would have to be installed.

The only way to delete customers in bulk is either through the database, which is difficult, or with use of an addon. My Database Optimizer addon will do it but I don't know which version to recommend. The early versions didn't have the option to remove customers and the later versions probably won't work in your shop. There may be some other addon that does this that is compatible with your shop but I am not aware of any,

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived