• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

htaccess redirect query.

yahalimu

My old site had a separate mobile section. (/mobile/...)

Soon to make live new phoenix site which does not need extra mobile pages...

What is the correct htaccess redirect to move all .../mobile/blah_blah.php to ..../blah_blah.php.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yahalimu said:

Will this also work if using SEO URLS 5 on Phoenix?

If you had a look you would see that I posted 2 versions, one for standard another for SEO URLs

The only page which needs attention is the reviews write URL

Apologies I was rushing too much.

I added it to ht access but getting lots of 'Primary script unknown' server log error. (mostly from bots/crawlers)

On investigation it is trying to redirect to a slightly different product URL (using SEU URL5)

For example it is looking for www.XXX.co.uk/object-sileo-300-pr-1474.html when it should be www.XXX.co.uk/object-sileo-300-p-1474.html

and

www.XXX.co.uk/object-sileo-300-mp-1474.html  when it should be www.XXX.co.uk/object-sileo-300-p-1474.html

Can you suggest what I edit the htaccess to correct this? (I am assuming it is the mobile re-direct code causing his)

also

www.XXX.co.uk/object-sileo-300-mc-1474.html  when it should be www.XXX.co.uk/object-sileo-300-c-1474.html

pr is for the old product_reviews page, it should be changed to product_info.php as well as pri which was for product_reviews_info.php

Change these lines:

RewriteRule ^(.*?)mobile/([a-z0-9/-]+)-mpr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$3 [R=301,NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*?)mobile/([a-z0-9/-]+)-mpri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$3 [R=301,NC]

to:

RewriteRule ^(.*?)mobile/([a-z0-9/-]+)-mpr-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$3 [R=301,NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*?)mobile/([a-z0-9/-]+)-mpri-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$3 [R=301,NC]

for the second error I have no idea.

These mobile redirects need to be placed BEFORE the seo url redirects. Did you?

OK Thanks I'll try that.

Yes its at the top, right underneath RewriteBase / and before the SEO URL redirects.

First few minutes in, still getting calls to non existent pr URL's, for products that have never had a review.

The old mobile site has now been switched off so I can't check what settings it had.

Excuse me I reuse your post Yahalimu.

Any body can help to redirect old urls -pi- popup img from 2.2 to product page in phoenix now it's resolve with 404 and after several month continuous indexed .

Archived