• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Side Navigation V1.0 Phoenix

JcMagpie

A simple add-on to let you place a simple side menu onto your site. It’s a basic off canvas menu which slides out from the sides.

It can be left or right handed simply select in admin. It also work well on small screens.

That’s it enjoy.

Has been tested on Phoenix V1.0.5.4 only.

Can be see working on this site

image.thumb.png.92771a9e462e8d115e6f2ddce062e65f.png

Hi Zahid

Have been looking for a way to make the Phoenix side menu responsive (like the Admin menu - click open, click close) so will try your new menu instead. Does it work with sub-categories ?? Will install and find out today on my trial site... It looks good either way - thank you.

cheers Nev

Edited by Wal

@Wal The subcats will require you to make a change to the code. In

public_html/includes/modules/boxes/bm_jcm_popout_categories.php

around line 39 find

$OSCOM_CategoryTree->setMaximumLevel(1);

and change the number to the level you need like

$OSCOM_CategoryTree->setMaximumLevel(3);

This will then when you click on a cat once when you go back to the menu a second time will show the sub cats

So this

image.png.68617664bda43204b1f5585c52143ed6.png

will become this... see the 2 subcats now shown?

image.png.fe8b6ca270ca56d648eeb9d069c59fb8.png

At some point I will get round to adding the level set into the admin so users can change it without needing to edit code. However I think that will have to wait untill things get better around here!!

Hi Zahid

Thank you for the quick reply, and yes there is more to worry about there in the UK as well as here in Oz and the rest of the world !!

Your fix is good, and I don't mind editing a bit of code (with instructions 😀)  - I needed to modify the menu css anyway as I have many categories and they didn't all fit on screen - all good now with just a font size change..Thanks again - stay safe

cheers Nev

New add-on available...

Has been made in to a header module as it’s easier to keep it on the top of the display on small screens. Other than that the rest is the same as the box version.

You can also set the sub-cats display depth in admin. Other than that the rest is the same as the box version.

That’s it enjoy.

Has been tested on Phoenix V1.0.5.4 only.

Can be see working on this site