• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal has a heart, until the end of April at least!

mhsuffolk

Just Received from PayPal

" At PayPal we are here to support you and we know that the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on the global economy has serious implications for your business. We have seen that you have been particularly impacted by recent customer behavior and so we would like to offer a temporary refund policy on your account. This means that from today until April 30th, PayPal will not withhold any of the transaction fees when we process a refund on your behalf.

We understand this is a difficult time for businesses, and we want to do our part to help support you. The updated policy will be automatically applied to your account. If you have questions about any of these changes or your account, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Your team at PayPal"

What they do not realise is that I have been successfully moving customers over to Stripe. Ha Ha

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

For the first time last month I had more sales through Stripe than I did for PayPal. At the end of the day that are only giving back something they recently stopped giving anyway.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2020 at 9:18 PM, 14steve14 said:

For the first time last month I had more sales through Stripe than I did for PayPal. At the end of the day that are only giving back something they recently stopped giving anyway.

Is stripe more reliable than paypal? what's the advantage?

Stripe works pretty much the same as PayPal in as much as they charge per transaction. The good news is that the charges are cheaper than PayPal. The downside is that you have to wait to get your money for up to 7 days in the beginning, and at some point later they allow you to choose how you receive your money and when. Its all PCI compliant and there are no additional fees to pay for that unlike many payment processors. There is also their own fraud detection system that to a degree protect you from chargebacks. The other advantage is that there are many buyers who will not use PayPal, and this gives them a choice at no real cost to you as its free to sign up. Sound like I work for them. I dont, just a happy customer.

Best is to go to the website and see for yourself.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived