Sign in to follow this  
larveyhong

After install, and deletion of /install, site is still pointing to /install/index.php

I've deleted install and started fresh 3 times now with the same issue. No redirects setup or anything. Is this a common issue and if so is there a fix as I am unable to find a fix online.

check your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files, that all details (url/filepath/database settings) have been filled in

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

41 minutes ago, puddlec said:

check your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files, that all details (url/filepath/database settings) have been filled in

Yes, they're all set to go to the domain I'd like them to go to and don't include /install/index.php just the domain name.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, burt said:

The page is cached in your browser.  Try a different browser.

I have, I've actually just done another full installation with the same result. Even did a manual setup as opposed to a 1 click setup through web host.

Tried on Firefox, Edge and Chrome. If I go to mywebsite.co.uk/index.php the site works. If I just go to mywebsite.co.uk it takes me to /install/index.php

Edit: I think its being cached in my router itself as I just tried on 4G on my mobile phone and it worked fine. Thank you!!😋

Edited by larveyhong

I had a similar problem when I first did an install of a test site. Check your hosting is not caching your site. Mine were using supercacher which was causing it. Once a full clear of the cache was done everything worked as it should.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life