• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Installation

Nora_Leo

I'm trying to log in on the "new installation" after a failed update.

I've added the info and at first I get a message that says "testing database connection" after a while I get a new message "connection timed out".

What can be the problem?

1 minute ago, Nora_Leo said:

What can be the problem?

1.  A firewall could prevent connecting to a database over the network. 

2.  You may not have a database. 

3.  You may have the wrong connection info. 

4.  Something else. 

I'd first try looking for log files.  If that fails, try turning on display_errors.  In some cases, you might have to contact your host for help.  If this is a local server (e.g. XAMPP), try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. 

Always back up before making changes.

35 minutes ago, Nora_Leo said:

after a failed update.

This could be the clue.... You may have curupted the old database when the update failed.

Try the new install with a brand new database, if you have't done so already.

Hopefully you or your hosts will have a backup of everything to a point before you started any updates. I would like to think that you have the store backed up before you started so just delete all the file son the server and replace with the backup. Then get your hosts, or you use your backup of the database and restore that.

Once you have done that everything should be working as it was, then you can either leave well alone if you are unsure of what you are doing and get someone that is sure of what they are doing to complete the update.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived