• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal

peterespana

Hello Forum members,

The problem I have is the PayPal payments. The payment comes in. But the client does not receive the order confirmation and the stock does not change. Items remain in the shopping basket.

I reinstalled the PayPal module but the problem persists.

It occurs ONLY with PayPal, and not always. Creditcard or other forms of payment work without issues.

Anybody has a clue where to look?

Regards and thanks
Peter

34 minutes ago, mhsuffolk said:

In your PayPal Account find Website preferences which is under Website Payments.

Ensure you have Auto Return switched on.

Enter the URL as https://www.yourwebsite.com/checkout_process.php  and then click save.

image.thumb.png.47b441de46c1ff6a969c5c7e173cda17.png

Thanks Martin, did not have that on, will try it now.

Let you know the results tomorrow.

Peter

8 hours ago, peterespana said:

I reinstalled the PayPal module but the problem persists.

Which paypal module? Are you using the Paypal App? Do you have send extra order emails enabled?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You should upgrade the app. See admin->Paypal->Configure. There should be a button there to do that. You also need to say what paypal module you are using.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, upgraded to v5.018. But the problem remains.

The payment gets in. I receive the PayPal confirmation.

But no order confirmation to me or client. Order remains as 'Preparing PayPal" and stock is not recalculated.

Hope somebody knows an answer to this annoying problem.

Peter

What are all the setting you have in your admin - paypal- settings. I expect one of them is wrong. In the app can you access your balance?

or you have changed the name of your admin folder and upgraded without installing the file in the correct place.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

1 hour ago, peterespana said:

Thanks, upgraded to v5.018. But the problem remains.

The payment gets in. I receive the PayPal confirmation.

But no order confirmation to me or client. Order remains as 'Preparing PayPal" and stock is not recalculated.

Hope somebody knows an answer to this annoying problem.

Peter

Have you changed the configuration the order status change in "/admin/paypal.php?action=configure" ?

It must be like this :

Order Status
Set this to the order status level that is assigned to new orders.

Processing [PayPal] *   (* something like that)

Order Status
Set this to the order status level that is assigned to new orders.

-- Store Default Order Status --

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

2 hours ago, peterespana said:

I asked twice what module you are using but you didn't reply. It speeds things up if you provide the needed details. From the above, it means you are using the standard module. Check its settings and make sure you have the PDT setting filled in.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

53 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

What are all the setting you have in your admin - paypal- settings. I expect one of them is wrong. In the app can you access your balance?

or you have changed the name of your admin folder and upgraded without installing the file in the correct place.

Yes I can see the balance.

I did change the name of my admin folder.
But before installing the PayPal module, I also changed the name of the admin folder into what I have.

In fact people can pay, but it does not finish the order.

14 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I asked twice what module you are using but you didn't reply. It speeds things up if you provide the needed details. From the above, it means you are using the standard module. Check its settings and make sure you have the PDT setting filled in.

Yes I did, sorry if I was not clear, but it is the PayPal app, v 5.018. I have also filled in the PDT settings now, let see what happens.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, peterespana said:

In fact people can pay, but it does not finish the order.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:37 AM, peterespana said:

It occurs ONLY with PayPal, and not always.

So which is it?  It sometimes does not finish the order?  Or it never finishes the order? 

If you didn't have the return URL set, you might also check to see if you have the IPN URL set.  I don't remember offhand where that is set, but it's somewhere on the PayPal side.  There are two ways to get notified of an order with the standard module.  One way is the return URL.  PayPal sends the customer back to finish the order.  The other way is the IPN.  That way PayPal sends your site a notification that the order has processed. 

Note that the PayPal App has multiple modules.  Standard, Express, hosted, payflow, etc.  They each operate differently. 

Always back up before making changes.

Just now, ecartz said:

So which is it?  It sometimes does not finish the order?  Or it never finishes the order? 

If you didn't have the return URL set, you might also check to see if you have the IPN URL set.  I don't remember offhand where that is set, but it's somewhere on the PayPal side.  There are two ways to get notified of an order with the standard module.  One way is the return URL.  PayPal sends the customer back to finish the order.  The other way is the IPN.  That way PayPal sends your site a notification that the order has processed. 

Note that the PayPal App has multiple modules.  Standard, Express, hosted, payflow, etc.  They each operate differently. 

I use the Standard. I have set the return URL, will have a look at your other suggestions.

First it did not work sometimes, after I have reinstalled the PayPal app it does not work at all.

Thanks

2 hours ago, peterespana said:

the PayPal app it does not work at all.

Please explain what that means. Can you get to the settings in admin? Is your paypal email address entered in the settings? Is the standard module installed? Do you see the paypal option for payment on the checkout payment page?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Received some orders now, and it all works fine. That looks like solved. 

But I saw another issue. I use a discount code module:

* ot_discount_coupons.php
 * August 4, 2006
 * author: Kristen G. Thorson
 * ot_discount_coupon_codes version 3.0

Now on PayPal I get the error: The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Does anybody has a solution to that?

Thanks so much.

1 hour ago, peterespana said:

Received some orders now, and it all works fine. That looks like solved. 

But I saw another issue. I use a discount code module:

* ot_discount_coupons.php
 * August 4, 2006
 * author: Kristen G. Thorson
 * ot_discount_coupon_codes version 3.0

Now on PayPal I get the error: The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Does anybody has a solution to that?

Thanks so much

This discount code module is known to work with PayPal Express:

Discount Code update 3.1 for osCommerce

Thanks all for the help. Got it all working again.

No one final thing. That is no so important. But in the PayPal payment confirmation there is no description at all about the order.

Is there a way to get the product description into the PayPal confirmation (PayPal express).

Thanks!

On 3/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, peterespana said:

I use the Standard. I have set the return URL, will have a look at your other suggestions.

First it did not work sometimes, after I have reinstalled the PayPal app it does not work at all.

Thanks

I suggest using the "autorization method" to get funds (that means after payment registred by the customer you approve or not the transaction), like this you can proceed yourself tests to see for what reason the issue comes without lost PayPal fees) :

In "/admin/paypal.php?action=configure" set like this :

Transaction MethodSet this to Sale to immediately capture the funds for every order made.

AuthorizeSale

The issue may come because :
1. customer closes too fast the browser page (and the return URL "checkout_process.php" is not successfully launched / PayPal function after_process() script is not applied)
2. you have an issue with "OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_PREPARE_ORDER_STATUS_ID" key that need to be different from "OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_ORDER_STATUS_ID" key
3. you have an issue from your PayPal function before_process() script

This is for paypal_standard module.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Archived