• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subcategories showing up on Main Categories page

dewarsco2

On my categories page, I want to have just the main categories showing but the subcategories are also showing and some subcategories are also showing duplicates.

"Do what I'm thinking Not what I said." https:windowanddoorparts.us

You don't mention the version of your shop so that could cause wrong answers and delays.

Depending on which page you mean, if it is the nested page you can disable the Sub Category List module.

As for listing twice, that is usually due to missing images.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Here is the page and you can see. I circled the main categories in red and sub categories in blue. If i click on the main category in blue then the sub categories appear there too. it used to work right and now this happened.

Top picture is if you click the category

image.thumb.png.cb394349aefb3384b90a75eea1e590c0.pngimage.thumb.png.dd77f99848e76b0e9f73f021cff9c1e2.png

"Do what I'm thinking Not what I said." https:windowanddoorparts.us

That's very strange. I've never seen a situation where sub-categories are mixed in with the categories. There's nothing in the stock code that would allow that, at least that I can think of.

Your version of shop doesn't have the module I mentioned so, unless your shops code has been altered, all of the index pages (home, nested and products) are controlled by the index.php file and maybe the stylesheet.css file. So I suggest replace your index file with a stock one to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you can compare that file with yours to find the problem. If it doesn't try doing the same with the stylesheet file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

As jack has said would check you index.php first, if you look at the html generated you will see you have some stray code in the start of your <body> tag so clearly something has been edited to cause that. Assuming you are refering to the site in your signiture!

image.png.db1fcb4e99f0f9586e756e0815dc2e13.png

Archived