• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact Form Abuse

spacebiscuit75

Of late I have noticed in my action recorder that someone is posting messages with nonsense messages.

I have Captcha setup and I have also added some custom sanitisation to kill the process when certain criteria is met. All of these posts are coming from he same region (Russia) so it is clearly the same person(s) carry this out. I have asked my host for a security scan which has passed, what are they trying/hoping or what might they have achieved. I can see at least 6 months of this type of activity so I can't imagine they must have had some sort of gain or success to date.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It might be spammers trying to send out emails. Just because they all seem to be from Russia doesn't mean they are from the same person.  If you have no intention of selling to someone from Russia, then the best approach is to block the whole country. Short of that, it depends on the message. If it just contains text, no email addresses or url's, then it is not possible to block them based on the message. If it does, I suggest you install the Honey Pot addon and set the automatic blocking option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, gassko said:

Captcha is installed, but still up to 100 emails can be sent.

Are you using the mentioned Honey Pot addon? There are a few code changes needed to limit what gets through but you should not be getting that many. Also, I don't understand what you mean by "100 emails can be sent." but if you are not using Honey Pot, that would not be unexpected. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Just now, Jack_mcs said:

Are you using the mentioned Honey Pot addon? There are a few code changes needed to limit what gets through but you should not be getting that many. Also, I don't understand what you mean by "100 emails can be sent." but if you are not using Honey Pot, that would not be unexpected. 

Hey, no dont have Honey Pot ye, just found it. I will install it now. Does it have any effect if Captcha is already installed? I just disable it? Tx

• 2 weeks later...

After I installed Honey pot addon, now when new user is created following error apears:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-shop2015 like 'honeypot_track'' at line 1

show tables from repgas01_datalogger-shop2015 like 'honeypot_track'

[TEP STOP]

Please help.

In includes/functions/honeypot.php, change this line

tep_db_query("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS " . $db_table . " (ip_number INT( 64 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,

to

tep_db_query("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `" . $db_table . "` (ip_number INT( 64 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,

and this line

if (! tep_db_query("show tables from " . DB_DATABASE . " like '" . $db_table . "'")) {

to

if (! tep_db_query("show tables from `" . DB_DATABASE . "` like '" . $db_table . "'")) {

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived