Hi all!!

The idea of this post is to make it easier for new users who want to migrate to Phoenix 1.0.4.0, a list of addons available for free in the market, so that users can evaluate whether it is convenient for them to make a migration to Phoenix or continue in Frozen (which is stable and already has all the addons that an average user needs).

I will list all the certified (by me) addons that are available.
You can all publish the addons that you tried and are available in the market.

Its prohibited :
- Request support (for this you must go to the creator of the addon or the corresponding support page)
- Mention addons that are not in the market

The format for posting would be:
Addon Name
Link in the market
Phoenix version that is certified to work
Brief description of what that addon does

Remember that the spirit of OSC is to share.

love and peace

Valqui

Please do not falsify my words. Are you interested in knowing who does it? Send me a PM.

The Phoenix Club won't allow me to join - why not?

Setting up a new Frozen site with so many nice addons available on the market. 

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart:

Dropdown Search Box Navbar Module

https://apps.oscommerce.com/NOICa&dropdown-search-box-navbar-module

Certificate to works in Phoenix 1.0.4.0

Description:

A simple dropdown search box for the navigation bar. No core code change, just upload all new files.

Thank you for this magnificent certificate addon @kgtee

Edited by valquiria23

Please do not falsify my words. Are you interested in knowing who does it? Send me a PM.

Manufacturers Navbar Module

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Siew5&manufacturers-navbar-module

Description:

A simple manufacturers dropdown menu for the navigation bar. No core code change, just upload all new files.

Thank you for this magnificent certificate addon @kgtee

Edited by valquiria23

Categories Navbar Module

https://apps.oscommerce.com/fbnCg&categories-navbar-module

It is compatible with Phoenix 1.0.4.0

Description:

This is a simple categories dropdown menu to be placed in the navigation bar. No core code change, just upload all new files.

Thank you for this magnificent certificate addon @kgtee

Edited by valquiria23

Clear Cart Button to shopping cart page

https://apps.oscommerce.com/qkO9X&clear-cart-button-to-shopping-cart-page&p=2

This PRO addon is certified to work with Phoenix 1.0.4.0

Description:

This addon adds a clear cart button to the shopping cart page.

INSTALLATION:

1) Upload all of the files in the "Newfiles" directory to the correct location on the server.

2) Go to admin->Modules->Content and install the Clear cart button module.

Adjust its settings along with the module settings so they appear as desired.

Thank you for this nice PRO certificate addon @hugo_064

Edited by valquiria23

Recently Viewed Products Phoenix

https://apps.oscommerce.com/GAInh&recently-viewed-products-phoenix&p=2

This PRO addon is certified to work with Phoenix 1.0.4.0

Description:

Recently Viewed Products(sales optimized) allows a guest to see what products they have viewed and then easily order those products.

Features include:

- An optional box in either side column with each product's image, name, and price, plus a button linked to a page of recently viewed products. The number of products shown and each of the elements can be controlled from the Box Module Configuration.
- An optional module at the bottom of the product page with each product's image, name, description, and price, plus a button linked to a page of recently viewed products. The number of products shown, the length of the description, and each of the elements can be controlled from tha the Content Module Configuration.
- An optional module at the bottom of the index page with each product's image, name, description, and price, plus a button linked to a page of recently viewed products. The number of products shown, the length of the description, and each of the elements can be controlled from tha the Content Module Configuration.
- A page with each product's image, name, description, price, and a Buy Now button.

Thank you for this PRO certificate addon @raiwa !!!

3 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

The idea of this post is to make it easier for new users who want to migrate to Phoenix 1.0.4.0

Great idea. This should help users searching for an addon. I don't know if it is possible or not but a vote option with all of the posted addons would be nice. Then people that use them can vote on them as to whether they work well or not. Just a thought. :).

Hi Valquiria

Just wondering, why you are offering this when Phoenix is actually on 1.0.5.0 not 1.0.4.0 and also why you are offering this when you're don't appear to be a project developer?

Like I said, Just wondering....

M

This certification/review system is best handled by the admin and presented in the App market. It will help many OsC users to get onboard and hence indirectly widen the users base of OsCommerce.

Edited by kgtee

13 hours ago, mfleeson said:

Hi Valquiria

Just wondering, why you are offering this when Phoenix is actually on 1.0.5.0 not 1.0.4.0 and also why you are offering this when you're don't appear to be a project developer?

Hi Mark @mfleeson,

The idea of my post is to have a list of certified addons and not to be a place to exchange ideas. I will create another post for that purpose.

It would be very good if you can add to the list the addons that you test and can certify that they work correctly with the version of Phoenix that is the one that was tested.

Regarding your other queries:

why you are offering this when Phoenix is actually on 1.0.5.0 not 1.0.4.0

As I am discriminated against accessing the Phoenix club, I have no way of updating from version 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.5.0. Unfortunately, this information is not available in the forum. Therefore I am testing the addons in 1.0.4.0 and I did not have time to test them in 1.0.5.0 or the next versions that may appear. It would be great if you can help me and test them and publish your results.

why you are offering this when you're don't appear to be a project developer?

It is my way of helping the Phoenix project (although I am not welcome in it). I have no commercial interest (as others have) I just want to help new users to see what addon listings exist in the market. All this information is public. I'm just ordering it for the benefit of the community.

14 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't know if it is possible or not but a vote option with all of the posted addons would be nice. Then people that use them can vote on them as to whether they work well or not.

Hi Jack
The idea is very good, but I don't know how to do it. Any help is welcome !!

Moderators ...

I appreciate moving all the answers that are not publications related to tested and certified addons for Phoenix versions 1.0.X.X to another post called:

Ideas on how to improve the list of addons compatible with Phoenix

@Harald Ponce de Leon

Would you kindly give me moderation rights on this post so I keep it clean and up to date?

1 hour ago, valquiria23 said:

The idea is very good, but I don't know how to do it. Any help is welcome !!

I checked but don't see a way to do it. Maybe it requires a moderator with full right?

On 2/12/2020 at 12:05 AM, mfleeson said:

M

Hello Mark.

Frozen, and then Phoenix, these are the children of OsCommerce. OsCommerce is an Open Source project that was created almost 20 years ago and is supported by the community. Phoenix is an open source product under the appropriate license. 

For Version 1.0.4.0 You can easily adapt a large number of old add-ons. Version 1.0.5.0 is harder to do. In version 1.0.5.1, this is almost impossible. This will require a lot of serious work. This is due to a very smart and global change in the kernel code. This is a great job that @burt and @ecartz did. This is a global OsCommerce update. Many thanks to these people for their great work!

Certified add-ons in the public are an additional advertising and promotion mechanism for Phoenix for many users.

Edited by burt
remove comments about me

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

I know that everyone appreciates my positive contributions to the community. That is why I decided to help all members of the community to know what are the great benefits that Phoenix has, publishing which addons are on the market and certified them.

Now, I am amazed that when I ask the moderators to intervene to leave this post clean with the rules that I defined, they do nothing about it.
But to apply censorship they appear immediately.
For positive things they do not interact. To censor they always appear immediately. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, now we all see how things work ...

I thank yoy all for your contributions on my post, but I want to keep it clean according to the rules mentioned above.

You are all free to try new addons and certify them publicly in this post according to the format requested above.

Love

Valqui

Edited by burt
remove my name from this post - falsification of my words

@burt Sorry if something was misinterpreted. I am sure you appreciate my positive contribution to the community with this post.

In case you forgot to moderate, below is my request:
From already thank you very much!! 

I appreciate you so much.
Your supporter

Valqui

On 2/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, valquiria23 said:

Moderators ...

I appreciate moving all the answers that are not publications related to tested and certified addons for Phoenix versions 1.0.X.X to another post called:

Ideas on how to improve the list of addons compatible with Phoenix

On 2/12/2020 at 12:05 AM, mfleeson said:

when you're don't appear to be a project developer?

I think your missing the whole point of osC!

osCommerce is released under the BSD licence and is open source so basicly is,

image.thumb.png.16f919e71560068131aa9e1c2c345e40.png

• Free redistribution of the software.
  • The source code should be publicly available.
  • The software can be modified and distributed in a different format from the original software.
  • The software should not discriminate against persons or groups.
  • The software should not restrict the usage of other software.

If you care to you can read the full details here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses

As far as I know this has not changed... So yes jump in and get to know the code.....

Edited by JcMagpie

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

I think your missing the whole point of osC!

As far as I know this has not changed... So yes jump in and get to know the code.....

Hi Jc.

Not missing the point, I was one of the developers on oscMAX a spin off from the original Oscommerce and understand about public domain software and I've run it my own store since the early 90's. I was more concerned about the disparate groups of development going on and the idea that one could authenticate 'addons' over another.

Just trying to see what was going on.

M

On 2/17/2020 at 7:23 AM, Fredi said:

Hello Mark.

Frozen, and then Phoenix, these are the children of OsCommerce. OsCommerce is an Open Source project that was created almost 20 years ago and is supported by the community. Phoenix is an open source product under the appropriate license. 

For Version 1.0.4.0 You can easily adapt a large number of old add-ons. Version 1.0.5.0 is harder to do. In version 1.0.5.1, this is almost impossible. This will require a lot of serious work. This is due to a very smart and global change in the kernel code. This is a great job that @burt and @ecartz did. This is a global OsCommerce update. Many thanks to these people for their great work!

Certified add-ons in the public are an additional advertising and promotion mechanism for Phoenix for many users.

Hi Fredi

I've been using and developing for Oscommerce since it's inception. Due to it's limitations I moved to using oscMax and ended up being a developer on that project. I came back to Osc 2.3.4BS when I needed code that would work with updated php. I'm currently writing code for 1.0.5.1 that works within the confines of the current core. I just wondered why this forum section was restricted to 1.0.4.0 when phoenix is really rising from the ashes of the code of oscommerce and seeing modern coding standards applied. It was just a simple question/answer post.

Best Wishes

M

18 minutes ago, mfleeson said:

I was more concerned about the disparate groups of development going on and the idea that one could authenticate 'addons' over another.

I don't think that is how it was meant. One of the biggest failings of the addons is that there is no way to know which is the one that should be used.  Not to speak for @valquiria23but I think she is just saying it is her opinion with the addons she has tested. She isn't saying the ones she mentions are better than the others. In the case of Phoenix, the problem is worse because many addons simply won't work with it until they are converted. So having a page that states which do work is a great idea, in my opinion.

As for which version of Phoenix, it is not always a simple upgrade from one version to the next since some addons have to change the core code. And newer versions of Phoenix may break addons that have been coded for an earlier version.

The only way to provide this information correctly would be for each addon developer to upgrade the version of Phoenix he is using, then upgrade and test his addons with it and then package and upload the changes. That just isn't possible in the real world, as least for me. :)

7 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

The only way to provide this information correctly would be for each addon developer to upgrade the version of Phoenix he is using, then upgrade and test his addons with it and then package and upload the changes. That just isn't possible in the real world, as least for me.

Agree 100% just dont have the time to keep updating every add-on every time the core changes. You just have to pick a point in time when its worth moving up but untill then it's simply best to state what version the add-on has actualy been tested on. In many cases the add-on may well work fine on a newer version of phoinex but unless the add-on has actaly been tested on it you can not claim this...

Add to this that the number of people using Phoinex is low.... and among this small group the number moving to the latest version every time is but a hand full.....and the number using it for a live site?? unknown if any..... The need to rush and update add-ons to the latest release is not a big pull.

So I would think those doing it out side the club will just do what they can when they can. I personaly simply pick a point in time to update to ( curently 1.0.4.0) and test my (very simple) add-ons to that version. Then when I update my test sites to a new version I check which still works and any new add-ons are then done to the new version. As and when a existing add-on is raised as an issue it is added to a list for update as and when time allows.

7 hours ago, mfleeson said:

I was more concerned about the disparate groups

Then you know more than me, I'm not aware of any "disparete groups" doing any other developmet on Phoenix! but then I don't know much as it is.....😊 as I'm not a Phoinex club member, I'm a osC member and can only speek about what I can see.

Dear Mark, ( @mfleeson )

Based on the OSC, many branches were created. For instance: ZEN Cart, oscMAX, Solomono, WamShop and many other e-commerce applications. OSC was an open and understandable textbook for many coders who, having learned how to work with OSC, later created their own codes based on OSC.
All of them have turned into independent products and are developing independently.

I greatly respect Burt for his support for the OsCommers. He does everything perfectly.

Phoenix - is it the development and continuation of the OsCommers? I think yes.
Therefore, the OsCommers tradition must be maintained. No need to divide the community into groups. No need to do confrontation and conflict.

We were a democratic community and must remain so.

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Thanks @Jack_mcs for your very clear explanation.
I currently have no time to test each addon on each version of Phoenix and therefore I take version 1.0.4.0 as a point in time. There is also no clear documentation of how to go from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.5.X which I understand is FUNDAMENTAL!

You are all welcome to try those same addons in new/old versions and share your results. This is the purpose of this post, test, certify and share.

Have a beautiful day.
Valqui