• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Header /Footer Message Animated V1.0 Phoenix

JcMagpie

This is a simple add-on to let you display 1-4 messages in your header or footer ( install the one you prefer) these can be turned on or off in admin. It also gives one sales message which is set by start and finish date so will only show when required.

It requires NO core changes so just copy over the files provided.

Once it’s installed simply go to admin and install and turn on.

You can turn the messages on/off in admin. The messages are set in the language file. You can change the text and icons and styling as required.

You can also select which pages it is to be shown on.

The animation is set by the header tags add-on which must be installed once only. It’s a bit complicated to explain but if you play with it you will figure it out. Just take a look at the animated version in the stock install. You can also use the animated class’s on any other add-on if you wish by simply adding the required class.

That’s it enjoy.

It has only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.4.3 only.

Can be seen working on this custom test site

image.thumb.png.68beaf9a9413d2d542a5d1c2969b8ea1.png

Edited by JcMagpie

On 2/8/2020 at 1:41 PM, René H4 said:

"CopyCat detection" initiated by "Phoenix Club Member Protection Society" 

I did not know of such "Phoenix Club Member Protection Society" tell us a little about it?

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, René H4 said:

"Censorship"

Is the word we are looking for 😂 , Looks like the Phoenix club have found a few more bricks for the wall.....

image.png.ac8afbe747887f06611bf59efc6f8914.png

Very odd don't you think.... It claims to be a community project but is using censorship against osC members!!! very sad......

However as alll people who look to use censorship ( we all know who around the world use these methods ) they all learn in the end that it never works 😁 . People just will not stand for it... History tels us that WALL just dont work ( as Trump is learning ) just as Hadrian 🤣....

So carry on add a few more bricks to your wall if you think it will help.......... Oops!  oh dear another failed attempt at "Censorship".

image.thumb.png.133dd8fa4b6e043811f255493b89b5fe.png

Look's like "Money for old rope" to me.....

Edited by JcMagpie

2 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Look's like "Money for old rope" to me.....

Without that money the core code for oscommerce would not be changing. Its a shame that not everyone is behind moving the project forward and are out to spoil what some are working towards. But never mind, I fully understand that some people are like that, and that they, not necessarily you Zahid,  hold a grudge as they are excluded from the 'club' and don't want to help improve the core code. That's their choice of course but don't run down and insult those that want to help, and don't undermine the work of those that are working to improve the code by offering free code to those that do support. It will only drive a wedge between everyone and cause a split so that those on this forum will not benefit.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

22 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

not necessarily you Zahid

I think we have plenty of room on the forum for all  osC member both old and new... All projects can move in any direction they wish that's what open source is all about.

I can not speek for other people only myself. I do my free add-on for fun... and maybe along they way one or two people my use them.....

On 2/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, René H4 said:

It's just a shame that some projects have "supporters"  that feel the need to poke people in the eye with a sharp stick!.

Edited by JcMagpie

12 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Perhaps one of the moderators would care to remove all none relavent posts from this support thread....

this after you go on about Censorship".

and now you try to censor other people.

also it is a fact you made terrible copies of other people code (not just supporters code), do you want a full list of how many times you have done this.

all you have ever done is whine and complained about Gary's efforts in make oscommerce/phoenix better/easier to make install addons.

if you hate oscommerce/ phoenix so much do everyone a favour and stop using it, use something else instead, and leave all those you want oscommerce to be great again in peace

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Where are the moderators when they are needed? This is a support thread, it is not a space for people with a lot of imagination talk about :"Phoenix Club Member Protection Society"!!! :D LOL.

Moderators: please take action in this regard.
@Harald Ponce de Leon if the moderators of the forum are inactive or do not fulfill the role that corresponds to them with pleasure I would help to do this work.

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

The role of a moderator is very simple: ensure security, hunt spam and calm the spirits during inappropriate disputes.
The moderators are all volunteers and do this in their spare time.
If a post needs to be analyzed by a moderator, use the "report post" link in the offending message.
The moderator will decide most of the cases alone. If it is a difficult case, the moderators discuss together before applying their decision.
Please note: misuse of the "report post" is punishable.
It is also punishable to throw oil on the fire to fuel a dispute.
Morality: behave as a responsible adult and everything will be fine.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

On 2/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, René H4 said:

I don't think it is acceptable behavior to attack someone for posting a free add-on to the community.  and it is not acceptable to form a group to attack another member for doing so.

and it is shouldn't acceptable behavior to form a group  to prevent other member of community to  contribute to the community.

and all for the sole purpose of financial interest of a third party.

you can cut up to 4 pages of your checkout by using my three add_ons

login create account in one page

Express checkout  

login pop up modal

5 minutes ago, hungryfrank said:

I don't think it is acceptable behavior to attack someone for posting a free add-on to the community.  and it is not acceptable to form a group to attack another member for doing so.

and it is shouldn't acceptable behavior to form a group  to prevent other member of community to  contribute to the community.

Says the guy who got chucked out of the Phoenix club for an attack on another member.  LOL.

This thread has been reported to Harold and I assume he will look at it when he has time.

No need to get worked up over Phoenix, for or against it's just not worth it.

Anyone intrested in starting an alternative community project should contact Harold he is open to having more than one...

16 minutes ago, hungryfrank said:

I could not say it in better words. Bravo!!

On a more positive note..... working on a new header basket for phoenix 😊

Empty basket

image.thumb.png.bf0f8e42dd8b215b0db86531e6772ceb.png

and when customer add something to it they get...

image.thumb.png.908a8f0f4d176c62c64569b2092ec5fc.png

So they get visual indicator by change of image and number of items and cart total is shown. Customer is kept informed of what they have with just a quick glance.

Still testing but will be in free apps store soon.

2 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

It seems that we are several that are not admitted to the Club, I wonder why?

You have asked that question via PM and you got your answer via PM. 

Yet here you are, stirring the pot of negativity.  <--- that is why

7 minutes ago, burt said:

stirring the pot of negativity.

Ignoring people and excluding them does not generate positive attitudes. Never mind,   it's not my case.

I am always positive and willing to help.

Love 

Valqui