• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Abandoned Cart Recovery

MattJr

I was planning to build my business website.

However, the fact that it doesn't have an abandoned cart recovery option, makes me look for a different platform.

Are there any good alternatives, at a similar price and quality range, with the cart recovery option?

Thanks!

As with most option one needs, you have to install an addon. Recover Cart Sales is the one you want. Although it needs to be updated to work in Phoenix. I planned that update but it will be a while. Maybe someone else has already done it, assuming you cannot.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

@DonaRowe3443When a customer adds something to their cart and then leaves without completing the order, that is called an abandoned cart. The Recover Cart Sales addon allows you to see those abandoned carts in admin and to send an email to those customers, either manually or via a cron job. The message can be whatever you like but it mainly says, "Thank you for visiting our site. We see you didn't complete your order and would like to know why...." Many times, the customer will end up completing their order due to the personal attention.

Since my previous post, I have released a version for Phoenix, though only for versions prior to 1.0.5.4.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs As I understand it, in order for the Recover Cart module to work, the customer 1) has to have an account with the shop, and 2) has to be logged into their account. Is this still true?

When I first visit an online shop, I may look around for a while, and maybe even add a couple of things to my cart. I most likely won't log into my account (or create an account, if I don't already have one) until I am ready to check out. In this case, if I abandon my cart prior to logging in, the Recover Cart modules will not know who I was, nor have any way to contact me later.

M

21 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

the Recover Cart modules will not know who I was, nor have any way to contact me later.

You are correct. If you don't log in, the code doesn't have a way to get an email address for you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In most countries and especially in the EU, because of the GDPR regulations you could not contact any customers who is not a customer or not agreed to receive mailings from you anyway. It would also be hard to send anything to a non customer without them previously giving you their email address, which requires them to have created an account.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 5 months later...

Archived