• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

tell a friend

spacegremlin

You need to enable the "Product Social Bookmarks" in modules->Boxes. Be sure you have a captcha addon installed, like Honey Pot, or you may have problems with spam emails being sent.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

it can not be spam, because i cannot find the tell a friend in my customer shop hihi.

but what you say did the trick, now i have the module, in the shop, but im gonna search, if i also can get this option, direct in the item info. but this is 1 step further.

thank you

48 minutes ago, spacegremlin said:

it can not be spam, because i cannot find the tell a friend in my customer shop hihi.

I may not have been clear. There is a trend lately where hackers create fake accounts. They've always done this but it is much more frequent nowadays. One of the reasons they do that is to have access to forms that are not secured. Once they have access to the tell a friend form, they can send out thousands of spam emails. It is one of the reasons, I think, why tell a friend was completely removed from Phoenix.

52 minutes ago, spacegremlin said:

get this option, direct in the item info

If by "item info" you mean in the product description, you would need to add that yourself. I am not aware of an addon that does it. The best way would be to add an email link under the description.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

okey even when i have the 15minuts limit on there.
or will they after your example bypass my shop and go directly to my mail section???
to bad because i now have it all to work.

i also changed the tell a friend, with the info of the customer them self
so the name and email is already there, if i make this fixed, would that help
to bypass the spam, you say????

Tell a Friend got removed from the latest versions of Phoenix. It has always been considered a security risk and when Gary asked, most said they never used it or had it turned off, so it got removed. You may need to look through a Phoenix version before 1.0.2.6 to find the relevant code and add it back into your version. You may also need some form of protection on the form as its a way for people to use as spam and other nasties as Jack says.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@spacegremlinThe spammers still use the shop to send emails but they have ways to bypass the limits. I don't recall seeing this happen with Frozen but by the time it came out, it was common practice to include protection against it. So, in my opinion, if you don't add the addon I mentioned or Google Recaptcha, you are just tempting the spammers. 

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Archived