• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phoenix Dashboard

valquiria23

Hello how are you?

I am testing a Phoenix 1.0.4.0 site and in the admin dashboard I see an endless list of certified addons (by whom?) That makes it difficult for me to see more really important information for me such as:
Latest Administrators connections,
Last addons in the market, and more....

Because they are far below the page.

As I am not admitted to the Phoenix club that information is annoying and unnecessary for me and I want to delete it, can someone explain to me how to delete the list of the "certified" addons on the dashboard?

Thanks and regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Thank you very much for your prompt response!! I already deactivated the "latest certified addons" Modul , alleluia !

I don't know how to go from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.4.2. There is no documentation anywhere on how to do it. Your support is appreciated.

regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

15 minutes ago, burt said:

All code is on github

Would you be kind enough to explain simply to an ignorant github person (like me and several others) how do I view or see what files were modified?
Can you download a delta from one version to another? How do I know if there are changes in the database?
It would be nice to have some "instruction manual" on how to do it, what do you think?

17 minutes ago, burt said:

We've got some really nice things in the pipeline.

Bravo!! I congratulate you and everyone who is working on this!

5 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

Would you be kind enough to explain simply to an ignorant github person (like me and several others) how do I view or see what files were modified?
Can you download a delta from one version to another? How do I know if there are changes in the database?
It would be nice to have some "instruction manual" on how to do it, what do you think?

When it gets released beyond the Club, I'm sure Gary will post the usual install instructions.

Dan

I find the simplist way is just to rename your old shop dir. and do a fresh install. Then you can copy over any mods you have done and just reinstall any add-ons.

If you do need to change just a few files then use github. It shows which fies have been updated by date. Lets look at configuration.php which is shown as updated 18 days ago.

image.thumb.png.6e5e6802d7b194d1bd3e719ce57e4455.png

Click on the file name to open a new window. Too see what was changed click on history button.

image.thumb.png.f96c0eb661b0eaa6ef8f25b48cf9c737.png

you now see all the commits in date order, so lets look at the last commit on Jan 10 2020,

image.thumb.png.d332c1503c1be6c054890df9f60cc543.png

Simply click the middle button

image.png.9bf36ce505d52d53076516ffcf3f6c8a.png

Now you will see the changes in that file, Also if you look at all this page it will show you all the files changed under this commit.

image.thumb.png.a80c9ff7bc241319d06d905ca6fb7e85.png

I'm sure there are probably better ways of doing this but this atleast gives you a starting point.

14 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

Example:  https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/compare/1.0.4.0...1.0.4.4

That will show all differences between 1.0.4.0 (the last point release) and 1.0.4.4 (the current development tip).  You can either change the versions to compare on that page or just edit the URL.  Note that it needs the whole version.  It's not smart enough to understand that 1.0.4 means 1.0.4.0.  You would have to write it out. 

Database changes would mostly show up in the install/oscommerce.sql file. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thank you very much @JcMagpie and @ecartz for your explanations.
I'm going to play a little with github to see if I learn something new.

Anyway, I consider that for a simple user to use github is not a friendly way to update OSC and I suggest that for next official versions a easily and Friendly guide to how to change from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.5.0 (for example) be published as Dan suggests.

regards

Valqui

Archived