• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC and Quickbooks 2019/2020

Chadduck

Hello Everyone

I thought I would share an interesting development and a work around for the issue.  I do not know how many have actually ran into this issue but it is distressing when it happens as it did to me.  

After working for 6 months updating from OSC 2.3.4 to become mobile friendly and useable I recently updated my desktop Quickbooks version.  I had been at Enterprise 2018 and updated to Qucikbooks Enterprise 2020.

The OSC qbooks module that I had used for years and that had been working wonderfully with the 2018 version during the IIF import was suddenly giving me errors.  Like anyone who has ran into this issue, I went to the quickbooks help section and to my dismay the solution was to recode the interface - not something I was relishing the thought of doing.  BUT like anyone who refuses to change I began - which is a whole different story.

This morning, I decided that I could NOT be the only one with the issue so I went to the OSC contributions section.  There is no module that indicates it was updated in the last two years which is when this became a problem (with Quickbooks version 2019).  So that was a bust.  Time for a Google search of the situation.  There were tons of articles dealing with IIF files, in general, but none that appeared to be the solution to my (and the ecommerce community in general) issue.  However one did catch my eye entitled "QuickBooks 2019 & 2020 IIF Import « Big Red Consulting".

After reading through the article and obtaining a better understanding of its contents - I figured "What can it hurt?".  If it failed I was no worse off.  FORTUNATELY it worked and I was back in business.  I have checked the procedure with a PENDING status order export, a SHIPPED status order export, and a PARTIAL status order export.  

I have attached a pdf of the Big Red Consulting website page.  IF you wish to read it online you can find it here

https://bigredconsulting.com/quickbooks-2019-iif-import/

Hopefully this will assist some else who dreads going back to the old days of manually entering their data into Quickbooks.

Enjoy

BJ

QuickBooks 2019 & 2020 IIF Import « Big Red Consulting.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

Yes I've been using this method to import IIF invoices and customer details since it was changed.

It used to error out due to 'incorrect' date format. (Only accepted US style date despite the fact our installation is UK)

IIF is NOT supported so any questions to Intuit get the same 'not supported' response.

Not a lot of help.

Intuit DOES offer a "QuickBooks IIF Import Kit" where one can learn about the structures and such.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/manage-lists/iif-overview-import-kit-sample-files-and-headers/00/201577

Enjoy....

Yes that is just about the only IIF resource available.

I ended up writing my own code to import shipped orders and customer details. I use an 'online sale' customer info for online sales and full details for trade account customers.

This was because QB desktop Pro has a max customer limit of 10,500 and a total names limit of 14,500, with 20-30 sales a day doesn't even last a year, if every customer had its full details downloaded..

Enterprise has larger limits but still only 10,000 ship to addresses, so we have kept to Pro and create a new accounts file every tax year.

Archived