• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default country in create account

The usual approach is to edit the field definition in create_account and make it default to the country of the store

echo tep_get_country_list('country', STORE_COUNTRY, 'required aria-required="true" aria-describedby="atCountry" id="inputCountry"');

If you want to use a different country, substitute the country_id for STORE_COUNTRY

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

14 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

The usual approach is to edit the field definition in create_account and make it default to the country of the store

echo tep_get_country_list('country', STORE_COUNTRY, 'required aria-required="true" aria-describedby="atCountry" id="inputCountry"');

If you want to use a different country, substitute the country_id for STORE_COUNTRY

Many thanks, that worked out great!

If your country has a list of states, it's worth sorting out that bit too

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@KurreIf you offer more than one country, I suggest you install the Country-State selector. It will fill in the states for whichever country is chosen and, more importantly, fixes a problem that exists in all oscommerce shops.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

@KurreIf you offer more than one country, I suggest you install the Country-State selector. It will fill in the states for whichever country is chosen and, more importantly, fixes a problem that exists in all oscommerce shops.

...and avoids any core code changes. But more work than the quick fix!

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

This was for a client of mine, she doesn't sell to countries with states.

10 minutes ago, Kurre said:

This was for a client of mine, she doesn't sell to countries with states.

The word states in this context refers to that box on the page. It fills in what would normally be entered there that is specific to the chosen country.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

The word states in this context refers to that box on the page. It fills in what would normally be entered there that is specific to the chosen country.

Ok, maybe I should try it out then 😀

Archived