• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

db query error

Dnj1964

Ran sql from 2.3.4.1 db to phoenix db

Inert into on catergory description

phpmyAdmin shows this error and identifies the line as below.

Error

Static analysis:

1 errors were found during analysis.

Ending quote ` was expected. (near "" at position 9793)

(67, 1, 'Novelties', '', '', '', '', '');

2 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

Ending quote ` was expected. (near "" at position 9793)

I'm glad that you got this working for you.  In case anyone else gets a similar error, the ` rather than ' tells us that it is talking about the part of the insert before the values keyword.  Which looks something like

INSERT INTO `database_name`.`table_name` (`column_name`) VALUES ('Column value string')

It may not be obvious, but MySQL uses the two kinds of single quotes differently.  The slanted one is on the same key as the ~ on my keyboard.  The straight up and down one is on the same key as the double quote ".  Anyway, the error is saying that one of the slanted ones is missing.  Those surround the database, table, and column names in case any of those is a MySQL reserved word like values or insert.  You need one at the beginning and the end of each name (or leave them off; they aren't needed when there aren't conflicts with reserved words). 

The phpMyAdmin tool puts them in automatically so that it doesn't have to worry about the database reserved words.  I'm guessing that you either added or removed a column and put in one too few or one too many `

Always back up before making changes.

Archived