osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Payments Standard

Tejas H.

Hello,

I am using PayPal Payments Standard method with following configuration:

• osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1
  • PayPal Payments Standard Version: 3.1

I know It will create pre-order when user checkout using this method.

I would like to know that is it possible to prevent this?

I mean is it possible to create order only if user complete order successfully through PayPal?

Regards 
Tejas

No because then if the customer does not come back from paypal (at least 25% of the time) you get no order just a payment.

You can use this as a selling opportunity to follow up incomplete orders.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 4 months later...

Hi John,

Just updated to PHOENIX 1.0.7.1, uninstalled and reinstalled Paypal standard and the orders come through but with "Preparing (Paypal Standard)" instead of "Processing" even though they have been successfully recorded at Paypal. Before the "Preparing (Paypal Standard)" meant that the order was not confirmed. 
The logs indicate no problem (though the details are totally different than their  previous format) 
PAYMENTSTATUS: Completed
PENDINGREASON: None 
There are no longer the details of the transactions in the customer tabs as previously so have to rely on the logs and verify directly with paypal to see if it has really been paid. The emails are sent, though no order id shows. 
Any ideas? 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, artfulweb said:

Hi John,

Just updated to PHOENIX 1.0.7.1, uninstalled and reinstalled Paypal standard and the orders come through but with "Preparing (Paypal Standard)" instead of "Processing" even though they have been successfully recorded at Paypal. Before the "Preparing (Paypal Standard)" meant that the order was not confirmed. 
The logs indicate no problem (though the details are totally different than their  previous format) 
PAYMENTSTATUS: Completed
PENDINGREASON: None 
There are no longer the details of the transactions in the customer tabs as previously so have to rely on the logs and verify directly with paypal to see if it has really been paid. The emails are sent, though no order id shows. 
Any ideas? 

OK, on Paypal the return url is of course as it always was checkout_process.php but that file no longer exists in PHOENIX so what SHOULD it be now please so that it will go to the default status instead of remaining Preparing (Paypal Standard)?