Do you think this is a good plan?

Obviously I shall back up everything before I start.

I have a live Frozen and a Local test Phoenix 1.0.4.1 which is on XAMPP PHP 7.3. My host will change me up to 7.3 when I hit the button.

The Phoenix has all the add ons I need and is fully configured.

As I installed each addon in Phoenix I made any database changes to my live Frozen as well, that is adding tables, columns etc even though they may not be being used by the Frozen.

So, with the exception of the Frozen Configuration Group and Configuration Tables, all the Frozen tables are ready for Phoenix.

The Frozen is not in it's own folder so I have to replace all the files and folders en-mass.

For the database I plan to leave the Frozen DB in place and replace just the Configuration Group and Configuration Tables from my test Phoenix and adjust the two configure.php files accordingly.

Have I missed anything?

Martin

Live Phoenix 1.0.4.3 on PHP 7.3

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC community version (CE Phoenix 1.0.4.0) here.

Martin that is pretty much what I am doing or did.  The only other thing you might want to consider is testing your build in a live environment before going live.  I don't develop using a WAMP or XAMPP but have seen instances where people have developed their sites off line in that way, only to experience problems after deploying it to their live environment.   I try to develop in a sub directory on the server where my site is going to resided. 

Dan

20 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

I try to develop in a sub directory on the server where my site is going to resided.

Thanks for the advice. Do you make a copy of your live database and test with that?

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC community version (CE Phoenix 1.0.4.0) here.

1 minute ago, mhsuffolk said:

Thanks for the advice. Do you make a copy of your live database and test with that? 

Yes I do and usually end up updating the test database a few times, as I make changes to my working database, just to make sure I don't introduce new problems along the way.

Dan

On 1/5/2020 at 1:36 PM, Dan Cole said:

The only other thing you might want to consider is testing your build in a live environment before going live

Wise advice Dan. I had dismissed that idea until I realised I had enough disc space on the server to accomodate it.

Did so and found a few issues, easily resolved.

All went smoothly until I used my hosts cpanel to up the anti by going to PHP 7.3

For others doing this, I had to enable nd_mysqli  and nd_pdo_mysql which my host has off by default. Lucky for me their cpanel allows me to enable them myself.

It all worked and I now have a live Phoenix 1.0.4.1 site.