• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google reCAPTCHA v3

ruden

Google reCAPTCHA v3

For all version osCommerce stops bots from spamming account creation and contact us.

Install
---------

Unzip the archive and upload the files on server.
In the admin side menu Modules -> Boxes -> button Install Module -> select modules Google reCAPTCHA v3 -> button Install Module

Setting
----------

Go to reCAPTCHA v3 page https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html and register your store.
Add Site key and Secret key to module settings.

define('MODULE_BOXES_RECAPTCHA_TITLE', 'Google reCAPTCHA v3');
define('MODULE_BOXES_RECAPTCHA_DESCRIPTION', 'Ir a <a href="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html" target="_blank"><u>la página reCAPTCHA v3 </u></a> y registra tu página web.');

Spanish language.
Thanks for develop modules for phoenix. 👍

On 2.3.4, unzipped and uploaded the two files.  No Module appears for Install Module under Admin.

Are some some edits to the core code somewhere necessary to read the new files?

Edited by TomB01

define('MODULE_BOXES_RECAPTCHA_TITLE', 'Google reCAPTCHA v3');
define('MODULE_BOXES_RECAPTCHA_DESCRIPTION', 'Allez à <a href="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html" target="_blank"><u>reCAPTCHA v3 page</u></a> et enregistrez votre site web.');

hello language french

Thanks for the add-on

Edited by thierryc

17 minutes ago, thierryc said:

hello TOM  it's normal the v3 is transparent, the processing is automatic without checkbox, silent mode

bye thierry

I'm confused.  If it doesn't appear, how do I know it's doing anything at all?

The reCaptcha in Phoenix shows the Google "I'm not a robot" checkbox, then proceeds to give you visual test.

I'm trying to stop all of these Russian user accounts and Contact e-mails that keep spamming my 2.3.4 store, until I have Phoenix ready.  It's taking a lot of my time to clean this junk out when I could be doing more work upgrading to Phoenix.  I had 20 spurious accounts I had to remove just this morning!

Can I just manually add the Google reCaptcha code to my 2.3.4 contact_us.php and create_account.php pages?

24 minutes ago, TomB01 said:

I'm confused.  If it doesn't appear, how do I know it's doing anything at all?

in the google reCAPTCHA v3 account it indicates the information if it has blocked or not attempts

7 hours ago, ahjeff said:

Sorry, I missed that.  I mean  contact_us.php and create_account.php  ... how to implement your module...? there is no options...

For which page do you want to install recaptcha?

2 hours ago, TomB01 said:

Anyway to make this work under php 5.4?  I tried replacing "[]" with "array()" everywhere, but the google recaptcha doesn't appear on either page, create_account or contact_us.

and replace protected function -> function

16 hours ago, ruden said:

and replace protected function -> function

OK - I'll continue work on it.

1. The Google Admin Console is buried worse than most things I've seen.  Maybe I'm mentally challenged this weekend, but the only way I got to it was a through a Google search to this page: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3.

Even then, a link was buried in the text about halfway down.  I could not find it anywhere in my Google account settings or in the other reCaptcha documentation, particularly not in the Admin Console documentation itself.  I probably kept overlooking it in the page above, but who knew?

2. Apparently, my keys are only valid for reCaptcha v2, since I had already registered for Gary's Phoenix add-on.  The reCaptcha keys also appear to be tied to my Google account, since the reCaptcha pages direct one to "choose" which you want.  I suppose I will need to create another Google account if I want to use more than one type of captcha, e.g. reCaptcha v3 for my 2.3.4 site and reCaptcha v2 for Phoenix.

Note that these are Google complaints only - not for this add-on!

Anyway, thanks for the help - it is much appreciated.

Edited by TomB01

Yes, the google code lab really useless....so as the developer forum ....

If you need to use reCaptcha v3, you can just  Register a new site in the admin console. ( you can use same account, they will give you other keys )

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

I am still getting spammed even though recaptcha v3 is set up on contact_us.php. Looking at the google console, most bots are given a 0.9 punctuation score.

Even though I selected 1.0 as the threshold in admin panel, google doesn't seem to care much for extra verification like recaptcha v2. Does the threshold I select at the admin panel gets passed onto the script?

Thank you.

Edited by Krisz1