• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate V 3.0

Jack_mcs

A new version has been uploaded. It just includes all of the changes included in files posted here, which are

• Changed code to work with newer versions of Phoenix - 1.0.8.11.
  • Correct code for php warnings.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I'm using CE Phoenix v1.0.8.9 and easy populate V3.3

I will soon upgrade to 8.10 then 8.11.

meanwhile I am having difficulties getting easy populate t work.

It exports data ok but importing is inconsistent.

I got one full page ot green "insert new" notifications once then after that it quits on the first line.

There are no empty rows, all data seems consistent.

How about this:

What I really need to get "down the road' for now is the names the Database table and field for the data that corresponds to image.png.7a6b25312d036bd177f81521f96ed5ab.png.in the easy populate dump.

This piece of data sets the products for download

I have scoured the DB looking for it, but to no avail.

I have numerous edits to make, but easy populate won't import them.

It just reports the data on the first line .

If I could know the database table and rows for image.png.7a6b25312d036bd177f81521f96ed5ab.pngthen I could edit them in phpMyAdmin. and get my store to a point where I could welcome customers.

This would correct the problem of some Compact Discs being set for download and some MP3 files being set for hard delivery, both wrong situations.

I understand this site denigrates Phoenix (Though I don't really understand why, but Demitry let me know about it LOL)

I hope I can get the promised help from it's users.

A very grateful

Don Soucy

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 15-49-16 CE Phoenix Cart Administration Tool.png

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 15-55-24 da3 stormweb net System Info DirectAdmin 1 63 6.png

@Don R. Soucy First, you should upgrade to V 3.4 to see if that fixes the problem. If not, then my guess is that there is something in your feed causing the problem. If you have any products in the shop, download a file. Then try uploading it. If that doesn't work, try reducing what is being exported using the custom section and then uploading. For example, if you download a file with just prices and then upload it again, it should work. Then do one with prices and name and test it. Once it fails, isolated it to a product.

The field you mention is a made-up name referring to the one of the attribute option values. I don't provide such troubleshooting for free but the above procedure should enable you to isolate the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

@Jack_mcs What version of Easy Populate will still work with osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE (Frozen)

On an older version, we have set the "Price includes tax" to true, but the issue we are having is even though we have set our price decimal places to 2 we are getting prices with 3 digits for cents and then on the retail side we are often getting a price like $12.96 instead of $12.95

Edited by waverunner

That shouldn't be due to this addon. It is a rounding issue and the code in this addon, as I recall, uses the same method used in the shop so the result with taxes should be the same. Does the price on the shop round as you want?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

A new version has been uploaded with this change:

- Corrected a mistake that prevented custom fields from being displayed in the custom section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, zeeshop said:

Would the latest version of EP work with the latest version of phoenix 1.0.8.18?

No, not yet. It uses legacy functions that have been removed from the latest versions of Phoenix. There will be an update for that at some point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 8 months later...

Hi

So i installed a fresh version of phoenix 1.8.20

and tried to load a saved .csv file.  It gave an error.  I edited the .cvs file and only included 2 entries and it still have the same error.

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/php4JnAg9
User filename: SB-1.csv
Size: 2117
##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed some errors while using phoenix 1.8.0.20.

[04-Aug-2023 17:06:16 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated:  The tep_href_link function has been deprecated. in /site/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 51

search the the code and found the tep_href_link in:

admin/includes/boxes/catalog_easy_populate.php:17:                               'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php'));

admin/EPDocumentation/contents.htm:274:        'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
admin/EPDocumentation/contents.htm:281:        'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php')

Found this in the code:

admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

// The HTML href link wrapper function
  function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'SSL', $add_session_id = true) {
    trigger_error('The tep_href_link function has been deprecated.', E_USER_DEPRECATED);
    return Guarantor::ensure_global('Admin')->link($page, phoenix_parameterize($parameters), $add_session_id);
  }

Not sure how to use the new functions, but these are it:

tep_href_link('account.php') $Linker->build('account.php')
tep_href_link('advanced_search_result.php', tep_get_all_get_params(), 'NONSSL', true, false)) $Linker->build('advanced_search_result.php')->retain_query_except())

Found some more errors

Deprecated: The tep_db_query function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 37

Deprecated: The tep_db_fetch_array function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 52

Deprecated: The tep_not_null function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 189

Deprecated: The tep_db_query function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 37

Deprecated: The tep_db_num_rows function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 69

Deprecated: The tep_get_languages function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 232

Deprecated: The tep_not_null function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 189

Deprecated: The tep_db_fetch_array function has been deprecated. in admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 52

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded. It adds compatibility code for all versions. If you already have V3.5 and it is working correctly without warnings, this update is not needed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

2 hours ago, gsmiley007 said:

your site is down

No, it is loading and there haven't been any problems with it. Your IP may be blocked. If you are getting a 400 response, please send me your IP and I will clear it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a redirect loop with your site and it is giving a 403 error in the adress :

oscommerce-solution.com/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Edited by bonbec
remove activ link

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

Tried ver 3.6, found this error:

PHP Deprecated:  The tep_href_link function has been deprecated. 

Also not sure if this is an error from easy populate:

PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $style follows optional parameter $link in

admin/includes/functions/osc_addons_compatibility.php on line 21