• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does anyone use Paypal One Touch for payments

14steve14

Title says it all really. Has anyone got PayPal One Touch working with oscommerce.

I currently use the latest version of the paypal app on a version of edge, with web payments standard and according to paypal one touch is available but ther eis no mention on the Paypal website on how to set this up.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

PayPal One Touch has nothing to do with OsCommerce, PayPal APP/Payment Module or your seller account setup.

It's available as an option for the buyer when he pays.

43 minutes ago, raiwa said:

PayPal One Touch has nothing to do with OsCommerce, PayPal APP/Payment Module or your seller account setup.

It's available as an option for the buyer when he pays.

So I dont have to do anything and it should work

3 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

So I dont have to do anything and it should work

Yes, it depends on the buyer/buyer's account

Ok so my next question is why does this not work with my account on my site but does work on other select sites. Without me logging in to other sites the option to pay using paypal one touch is there, but on my site there is nothing

I think a call to paypal will solve this tomorrow.

Are you trying to pay on your site using the same account as your seller account? This won't work. You need a different account to test on your site.

1 minute ago, raiwa said:

Are you trying to pay on your site using the same account as your seller account? This won't work. You need a different account to test on your site.

Rainer thanks for your patience.

I have tried using my account without being logged on, and also someone else's account. Only thing being that both these people live in the same house and were using the same IP address. I have also tried it on my phone using my phone data rather than wifi, and on the wifi and still nothing. I am off next door to speak to a neighbour and see what happens after lunch.

I spoke to PayPal about this and was directed to a help page on their website. A user needs to activate one-touch from within their PayPal account security section. You have to confirm that you want to remain logged in to PayPal on your devices and everything should work.

What they cant tell me is why nothing shows on my site without me being logged in to the site. Without being logged in, the site has no idea who I am. It also did not work on my site when they tried to test things so at that point I gave up, as they said it should be working on the product pages.

6 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

What they cant tell me is why nothing shows on my site without me being logged in to the site. Without being logged in, the site has no idea who I am. It also did not work on my site when they tried to test things so at that point I gave up, as they said it should be working on the product pages.

What are you expecting to see Steve?  I thought all this did was by-pass the Paypal log in sequence on PayPals site when you went to pay for something. 

Dan

Archived