• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TLS not working... once again

Pakkanen

Noticed this a a common topic, but didn't find help from earlier conversions though.

I am running the latest Phoenix version, and when trying to set up the Paypal module, the tests fail.  Default setting: FAILED and TLS v1.2: FAILED.

Here information from our Apache 2.4 & PHP 7 server http://www.qnet.fi/jp/hello.php

Is there any reliable site/script to test the TLS connectivity from our server?    Also, do I need to have a SSL cert installed in our server, for this to work?

Untitled.png

Edited by Pakkanen

The tests fail because the tests are no longer supported by paypal.

If you want to check your server's security use a site like https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

I have tried some tests, that one too, but since it tests *my* servers SSL certificates, I know it will fail because I don't have SSL certificate yet installed to this site.  That's why asked also, if SSL cert is required...   But to my understanding this Paypal module TLS v1.2 requirement is about my servers capability to talk with a secure server (Paypal) with TLS v1.2 or higher, and to do that no SSL certificates should matter. (?)

The tests in the module test against some servers that were provided by paypal (ssltest.paypal.com iirc) and they don't exist any more so the tests now fail whether your server is talking with TLS1.2 or not.

The site that I referred you to checks the cipher suites that are available on your server not just the certificates - read on below them and top of the preference order is usually the one that it starts with when negotiating.

Is there a problem with paypal on your site?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x