• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax Errors in Phoenix Checkout

Building Phoenix 1.0.4.0 ...

Posted about this elsewhere, but we discovered it was a Tax issue instead of Order_Total issue (I think).  Currently, I only need tax applied to orders shipped to only one US state (mine - GA).  I create a Tax Zone, Tax Class and Tax Rate (7%) for Georgia.  No matter the destination address, if a Tax Class of Georgia (GA) is applied to either a product or shipping module, Tax is charged in the checkout.  I'm using the sample Phoenix products and have shipping modules working for USPS, UPS, and FedEx.

Why?

Is your store zone set Georgia (not that I'm sure it matters)?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Suggested approach to resolution:

temporarily enable one of the standard shipping modules (flat rate is easiest) and check if the tax issue is repeated there too

Have you a modified shipping order total module? Try reverting to the original and see if the issue persists

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

15 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

Is your store zone set Georgia (not that I'm sure it matters)?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

Suggested approach to resolution:

temporarily enable one of the standard shipping modules (flat rate is easiest) and check if the tax issue is repeated there too

Have you a modified shipping order total module? Try reverting to the original and see if the issue persists

Just tried - GA sales tax appeared in the checkout, with a delivery address in TN.  I enabled Flat Rate, Tax Class for GA, and --none-- for Shipping Zone.

I have not modified a shipping order total module, assuming you're talking about anything under includes/modules/order_total.

Is there some sort of caching going on?  Originally, this started because the tax was being calculated invisibly and I noticed the order arithmetic total was wrong.  That's gone away after trying several suggestions in the Phoenix Club, but I don't really know why.  Now, the line, "GA Sales Tax 7.0%" appears, no matter what.

Here's the latest screen capture, with Tax Class of "Georgia Sales" selected for Phoenix-stock Tomatoes and Flat Rate shipping.  You can see the delivery and billing address are anything but Georgia.  I must be doing something wrong, just can't figure out what it is.checkout-12062019.jpg.7de527eb2800d943c8b6d5a5490ac80a.jpg

8 minutes ago, Heatherbell said:

= all Tax Zones selected

From the Flat Rate Phoenix-stock shipping module Edit:

Shipping Zone
If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

AFAIK, this controls whether the shipping module is an available choice for shipping in that zone during checkout.  All of my Shipping Zones say "--none--" because I want those shipping choices for any address.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with Tax.  It has worked that way since before 2.3.4, I think.

@Heatherbell,

I greatly appreciate the help - from everyone of you!

I'm mightily embarrassed again, because it was user-induced error pointed out by ecartz on the Phoenix club.  I was not correctly including Georgia in the created Tax Zone.  It's fixed!

I appreciate the patience from everyone; guess I've been working so constantly on this, I can hardly read correctly anymore.  I will get a Phoenix store up and running soon.

Archived