• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display prices including or excluding VAT

No, it is the shop owner that decides if prices must be displayed with or without tax.

But you can add little codes to display near the price incl. tax, the price excl. tax.

Here is a module that allows that https://apps.oscommerce.com/83MkK&display-tax-below-price-for-osc-2-3-1

Personally I limited this type of display only to the product sheet (my own code, screenshot attachment).

display_price_incl_excl_tax.jpg

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Nice Rainer, I have asked this forum for this some 4-6 weeks ago about this, but the message remained un-replied.

I am in desparate need of this. One of my competitors displays their prices less tax (which is 21% here in NL).

Allthough this is not allowed by EU regulation, I think I loose a lot of business to them because of this.

This add-on helps a lot, I am glad it's modularised! Phoenix is one step closer....

Thanks everyone for answer!

To the old version of osCommerce I remember there was a mod that you could use that let the customer choose if he wanted to see prices excluding or including VAT in the shop.

But I can use this that shows what it is anyway so the customers know, I have a client that wants to show prices excluding VAT but i Sweden it's more normal to show them including VAT.

19 hours ago, Kurre said:

i Sweden it's more normal to show them including VAT.

"normal" is an understatement.

By EU law you MUST show prices incl. VAT if you sell to privte persons.

You ARE allowed to display without tax, but only if you sell to companies ONLY. And you have to state this on your site explicitly.

HTH

for all who use ajax_onchange_price.php. Output of the prices net and gross including price change for attributes

ajax_onchange_price.php find this code

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($modified_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_ajx['products_tax_class_id']));

and replace with

$products_price = '<div><font color="#666666"> ( ';
      $products_price .= $currencies->display_price($modified_price, '');
      $products_price .= TAX_INFO_OFF . ' )</font></div>';
      $products_price .= $currencies->display_price($modified_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_ajx['products_tax_class_id']));

On 12/7/2019 at 1:30 PM, YePix said:

for all who use ajax_onchange_price.php. Output of the prices net and gross including price change for attributes

ajax_onchange_price.php find this code

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($modified_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_ajx['products_tax_class_id']));

and replace with

$products_price = '<div><font color="#666666"> ( ';
      $products_price .= $currencies->display_price($modified_price, '');
      $products_price .= TAX_INFO_OFF . ' )</font></div>';
      $products_price .= $currencies->display_price($modified_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_ajx['products_tax_class_id']));

Is this a mod with that file ?

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

Jag antar att jag var lite oklar med det, tack för rättelsen. Jag har en klient som säljer mest till företag men vissa privatpersoner till, det är därför jag behöver en mod för kunder att ändra moms och exkl moms

???

1 hour ago, René H4 said:

???

Sorry, wrong language.. 😃

I guess I was a bit unclear about that, thanks for the correction. I have a client who sells mostley to  companies but some to private individuals to, that's why I need for the customers to change VAT to incl and excl VAT

• 3 weeks later...

small problem. after enabling the module and I can see that tax zone , tax rates and store zone is added. basically one Zone for every thing and all the products are added with taxable zone.

I am only seeing the message. no amount. Any idea about it ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 

I have installed the module to Phoenix version 1.0.4.0 and once enabled and selected the page that the tax info should be displayed (product_info.php) I get browser "error 500 The website cannot display the page". if the page is unselected, then it is shown correctly.

I have followed the installation instructions line by line but still the error is here.

Any help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, milerwan said:

No, it is the shop owner that decides if prices must be displayed with or without tax.

But you can add little codes to display near the price incl. tax, the price excl. tax.

Here is a module that allows that https://apps.oscommerce.com/83MkK&display-tax-below-price-for-osc-2-3-1

Personally I limited this type of display only to the product sheet (my own code, screenshot attachment).

display_price_incl_excl_tax.jpg

@milerwan May i ask if you are willing to share the net, gross price display?

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Archived