• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error installing Phoenix 1.0.4.0

Hi all!!!

A fresh installation of Phoenix 1.0.4.0.
The store side works correctly.
Upon entering the admin I receive the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home2/xxx/public_html/catalog/admin/index.php on line 60

Someone brave is encouraged to help?

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Phoenix requires PHP 7+

If you want to fix the error, change

$module_width = $ad->content_width ?? 6;

to

$module_width = isset($ad->content_width) ? $ad->content_width : 6;

and that particular line will work again.  But expect more problems if you try to run Phoenix on PHP 5. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thank you very much Matt @ecartz for your support !!!

I already updated the PHP version to 7.1 and everything works correctly. You're a genius!!!

One suggestion to @burt, if the user does not have the appropriate PHP version that work with Phoenix , the installation program should not let you proceed with the installation .... It is frustrating to reach the last stage of installation, go to ADMIN and find an error message

Its only a recommendation, as a user I prefer to know that I can not move forward with the installation until I get the PHP version than reach the end on the instal and find an error.

New users may not go to the forum to seek help, they will only stop using Phoenix.

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

6 hours ago, bonbec said:

The small hand next to the version number of PHP on the installation page was red or green?

Hi Fred,

Yes, the hand was red.
I decided to test if this version also worked with php 5.6 since the first version 1.0.0.0 worked correctly even though it says it is only compatible with 7.0.

Everyone always ask people to do tests and make suggestions for improvement. Here are my tests and suggestions. Please take my contributions in a positive way so that everything can improve.

Have a beautiful day and thanks @burt and team for your contributions to OSC. Excellent work keep it up !!

Valqui

4 minutes ago, valquiria23 said:

I ask you to stop criticizing me and take my contributions in a positive way so that everything can improve.

Hello Valqui,

A question has never been a criticism. I also tried to install with php5.6 but by mistake (I forgot to select Php7.3.8 in my uWamp by changing site locally on my computer) and I got the red hand. If you had told me that the hand was green, then you would have found a bug and it would have been interesting to know the reason to correct the installation process.  Good day too (and this is not a criticism 😉)

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

10 hours ago, ecartz said:

I made the edits at https://github.com/ecartz/CE-Phoenix/blob/warn_php_version/install/templates/pages/index.php if you want to try to convince Gary to integrate them. 

Thank you very much @ecartz for taking my positive contributions into account.
I am sure that @burt will include it in the next update !!!

Have a great day and I congratulate you on your cool vibes.

Valqui

Hi @bonbec

Your question was correct and appropriate. Thank you very much for taking your time and doing it. I wish all the other answers were the same ...

I edited my post before you posted your answer.

Please be kind to delete your last answer.

• 2 months later...

Archived