• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column Width Issue

Dan Cole

Got another coding issue I'm stuck on.  I'm working on updating a payment module and want to display a message in the Payment Information area on the checkout confirmation page as shown below.

column-width.JPG.5c00365d9108252dd3c1f0f84b55e73a.JPG

I'm referring to the area shown in the alert danger color.  The width is hard coded (sort of) as....

echo '<div class="col-sm-6">';

within the checkout_confirmation.php page.  I want to change that to col-sm-12 so it will show full width but that seems to require a core change that   I'm trying to avoid.  Anyone have a suggestion to accomplish what I want with touching the core?

Here is the look I'm trying to achieve.

new_look.JPG.e9eed6f65d916b2f182fbac715abf8bc.JPG

Am I stuck making a core code change?

Dan

8 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

I'm referring to the area shown in the alert danger color.  The width is hard coded (sort of) as....

echo '<div class="col-sm-6">';

I don't see that code in the core checkout_confirmation.php page.  Could you perhaps point to where you see it? 

Unrelated to your question, but "log in to" is misspelled in your text. 

Always back up before making changes.

2 minutes ago, ecartz said:

I don't see that code in the core checkout_confirmation.php page.  Could you perhaps point to where you see it? 

Happy to....should be line 221.

Dan

PS: Also thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake. It's always a challenge getting what's in my head to reach the screen.

Thanks guys....I decided to just update the page to the 1.0.3.0 version, as Matt suggested, since it also added some selectors that I could style.

Dan

Archived