• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[TEP STOP]

KAYSIANA

when I go to my admin page I get the following at the bottom of the screen

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select r.reviews_id, r.date_added, pd.products_name, r.customers_name, r.reviews_rating, r.reviews_status from reviews r, products_description pd where pd.products_id = r.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by r.date_added desc limit 6

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select 1 from sessions where sesskey = 'dgek7k191r04v4bcnfdarmihu3'

[TEP STOP]

Can someone please tell me what this means and how to remove it?

That is either due to the maximum number of connections requests being made to your database or the sessions table is corrupted. If you wait a few minutes, refresh the page and it fails the same way, it is probably the table. In that case you can run a repair on it in phpmyadmin in your accounts control panel. You may want to try this first in either case since it is the easiest fix.

If the page reloads after a while, then it is probably due to too many connections. Your host can raise that setting but if it is a shared server the may not do that. But if they tell you you need to upgrade to a VPS or Dedicated server, don't believe them since that is almost never needed. What you need to do is review your access log and block IP's that are hitting the site too much. The easy way to do this is by installing View Counter but you can also load the raw access log from your account into a spreadsheet program. The latter will not be as easy but you can figure out the heavy hitters with it. Once found, those should be blocked.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived