JcMagpie

Support thread for JcM Header Banner Carousel V1.2 Phoenix

As the latest version of Phoenix has removed the stock banner manager from core the original version of this will not work. This is a new version that works without the stock banner code. It has most of the main functionality as before.

This is a header add-on that lets you place a carousel banner at the top of your site.

It will show up to 8 banners. It has been updated to allow start and finish dates to be set for the banners. This can only be done for the last 7 as the first must always be active for carousel to run. Banner will only show when start date is reached and will turn off on end date. The date must be entered in correct format.

Simply copy over all files install and turn on like any other add-on.

The overlay text for each banner and images can be set in the language file.

You can also select which pages it is to be shown on. The default install will show Halloween banners :)

That’s it enjoy.

It has only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.3.0 only.

Can be seen working on this custom test site

banner display

image.png.6b65e9092809ce55546ccb59820ac1d0.png

dates are set in admin

image.png.fc2b061b0e5b8a7f32c71a3a9d724dc4.png

Hello, I get an error in the log : PHP message: PHP Warning:  is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.is-dir.php

I understand that this restriction is so I cannot access other users files.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1846882/open-basedir-restriction-in-effect-file-is-not-within-the-allowed-paths#34980645

(the above discussion leaves me with no real acceptable answer)

Is there other logic that could replace this function found in file cm_header_jcm_carouselbanner ?

$file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));
    $files_array = array();
      if ($dir = @dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)) {
        while ($file = $dir->read()) {
          if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . $file)) {
            if (substr($file, strrpos($file, '.')) == $file_extension) {
            $files_array[] = $file;
          }
        }
      }
      sort($files_array);
      $dir->close();
    }

Mark.

Thanks Jc I understand that you can't support every variation in host platform. The issue is with the host and is a PHP restriction.

I keep my eye out in case its ever revised.

Ta Muchly

You should talk to your host as this is a setting that you should be able to adjust the value of open_basedir in order to include missing path from the error message: for your account in you php.ini file.

This type of error can happen if you move a site from one directory to another or one server to another and not reconfigure all the paths properly. It's typicaly an issue with the wrong root path after a move.

However I'm no php expert so best talk with your host and follow the advice they give. Remember it's only a Warning not an Error the 2 are very diferent in PHP.

Hat to be a dummy. But I'm attempting to install carousel V1.2 on Phx 1.0.4.3.  I still haven't gone live with this site.  I'm currently live with OSC BS 2.3.4.  That came with a banner program. I have copied the files over now I'm trying to find how to install and turn it on.

Can you point me in the direction?  Phx does not come with a banner program installed under tools. 

Thanks

"This makes use of the stock banner manager that comes with osC."

Phoenix does not have a banner program.  I don't see it anywhere. 

So how do I turn it on?

I see my problem.  I did not down load the full package.  I only down load the one under the change log. 

I know how to get in to my phpMyadmin but how, or steps, do I need to do to add the tables to the database. 

Thanks

Dean

ok i know there is a time difference so I tried it on my own.

I installed the files from the full package download.

I installed sql thru phpMyadmin (or it looks like i did)

Went to open the admin and nothing one the left side is showing.

image.thumb.png.d9f284767ec1f6cecedfcb01991e698d.png

What did I do wrong?

Sorry no idea why that should happen it has nothing to do with the add-on.

The install instruction are quite simple.

1)copy over all files into corect paths,

2)run sql script , 

3) go to admin install

4) go to banner manager and add banners

5) add banner id to add-on in admin

As I said I have not tested this on anything other than 1.04.0

That was the first one I tried.  That is when I realized Pnx did not have the banner program at all.  Then I went to the full package and that is were I lost the left side of the screen.  

I have reloaded my back up and back to were I was without the banner. 

So banner carousel is not a full program.  And I now that does not work. 

The stock banner you said does not work with 1.0.4.3. 

So that leaves us with no banner. 

I have not restored my data base (yet) it still has the banner sql files.

So what do you suggest. 

Reload the stock files or just wait?

I'm not live with Phoenix  I still have the old OSC BS up.  I have only been trying for 2 months to get Phoenix up with what I need.  I still have a was to go.

Can you tell where do I go to get a banner program add on?  Since Phx does not have a built in one.

Has been updated...

This is a header add-on that lets you place a carousel banner at the top of your site which can be animated if required.

It will show up to 8 banners. It has been updated to allow start and finish dates to be set for the banners. This can only be done for the last 7 as the first must always be active for carousel to run. Banner will only show when start date is reached and will turn off on end date. The date must be entered in correct format.

Simply copy over all files install and turn on like any other add-on.

The overlay text for each banner and images can be set in the language file.

You can also select which pages it is to be shown on.

The animation is set by the header tags add-on which must be installed once only. It’s a bit complicated to explain but if you play with it you will figure it out. Each banner can have its own animation as can the 2 text groups on each banner. You can also use the animated class’s on any other add-on if you wish by simply adding the required class.

That’s it enjoy.

It has only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.5.2 only.

can be seen working on this site

Hello, on PHOENIX 1.0.5.4 getting an error with the JcM Header Banner carousel Animated V1.4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xx/xx/xx/xx/includes/languages/english/modules/content/header/cm_header_jcm_carouselbanner.php:11) in /xx/xx/xx/xx/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 54

Sorry but no idea as it's only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.5.2   I have not made anything for 5.4 as far as i can remember.

I have said it before but will say it again,  absoluty no point in installing add-on's on the bleeding edge of Phoenix.

Try the updated one, not sure why your having problems as both work fine on 1.0.5.4

https://apps.oscommerce.com/pLcEO&jcm-header-banner-carousel-animated-v1-4&v=cephoenix10

Tested on 5.4 test site is not publc so you will just have to take my word on it. Even the version you are using works fine...

image.thumb.png.5abdc6db07216fdfa056e6c3577a589f.png

16 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Try the updated one, not sure why your having problems as both work fine on 1.0.5.4

https://apps.oscommerce.com/pLcEO&jcm-header-banner-carousel-animated-v1-4&v=cephoenix10

Tested on 5.4 test site is not publc so you will just have to take my word on it. Even the version you are using works fine...

image.thumb.png.5abdc6db07216fdfa056e6c3577a589f.png

Hi, that is the version I am using. The banner works on the front side, it is in the admin when installing. So I can not modify any of the settings. Have to leave the module page and it shows as installed. When going back to make changes that error shows up.

So must be just a bad install. Unistall deleat all files and try reinstalling. I'm not seeing this problem on any of my test sites.

Posted (edited)

Down loaded from app store and installed fresh on 1.0.5.4 and working fine front and back. You will neeed to check your install.

image.thumb.png.70adf48724e6f0fe2db713ed09d83e04.png

Edited by JcMagpie