• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CE-Phoenix v1.0.3.0

This release introduces a number of key improvements:

• the foundations of a bootstrapped admin (more to follow...)
  • revamped categories/products page in admin with product tabs and pre-placed hooks
  • much improved checkout pages layout with pre-placed hooks
  • modernisation of Reviews system
  • new Password Forgotten module
  • flags for inactive modules in admin
  • removal of deprecated code, redundant pages, functions and features
  • bug fixes and other minor code improvements

LEANER.  SIMPLER.  FASTER.

Download:  
https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/archive/master.zip

I will make a v1.0.3.0 upgrade .zip at some time over the weekend and release as usual on the upgrade thread.

In the meantime please install it as a new "test" shop and have a play, I would be
particularly interested in feedback on the new admin/categories.php page

Oh, and importantly...a BIG thank you to everyone who made v1.0.3.0 a possibility. 

For the code, for the ideas, for the screenshots, for the diagrams, for the chit-chat and for the support.  Chapeau!

1 hour ago, burt said:

In the meantime please install it as a new "test" shop and have a play, I would be particularly interested in feedback on the new admin/categories.php page

Using tabs is a big improvement, a big big thank you!
I made a small change to categories.php line 484 to add the model and product name in the product path to be modified to have:
Editing Product in "LEM-1 => Lemons > Fruit"
instead of :
Editing Product in "> Fruit"
I added this:

$pInfo->products_model . ' => ' . tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']) . ' > ' . 

It's easier to quickly visualize if you are in the right products.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

Wouldn't it be better to change

<h1 class="pageHeading"><?php echo (isset($_GET['pID'])) ? sprintf(TEXT_EXISTING_PRODUCT, tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id)) : sprintf(TEXT_NEW_PRODUCT, tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id)); ?></h1>

to something like

<h1 class="pageHeading"><?php echo $pageHeading; ?></h1>

And then after (at line 432)

$form_action = (isset($_GET['pID'])) ? 'update_product' : 'insert_product';

add

$pageHeadingFormatText = (isset($_GET['pID'])) ? TEXT_EXISTING_PRODUCT : TEXT_NEW_PRODUCT
$pageHeading = sprintf($pageHeadingFormatText, tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id));

$OSCOM_Hooks->call('categories', 'newProductForm');

Then you can install your change into a hook listener and it will persist.  E.g.

if (isset($_GET['pID'])) {
  global $pageHeading, $pageHeadingFormatText;

$existingProductText = $pInfo->products_model
                       . ' => ' . tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])
                       . ' > ' . tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id)
  $pageHeading = sprintf($pageHeadingFormatText, $existingProductText);
}

And you just need to convince @burt to incorporate the changes into the core code and your custom version will persist through install. 

As is, you would have to manually make a core code change every time admin/categories.php is updated.  Because I think that there are a lot of other store owners who could hardly care less about products_model.  So that part of your suggestion is unlikely to make it into core.  But a new hook is highly likely to make it into core.  Because a new hook empowers store owners to pick their own implementations. 

Always back up before making changes.

You are true @ecartz but I think that Gary have an idea about hooks because I read this in his first message : " revamped categories/products page in admin with product tabs and pre-placed hooks ".

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

I like the hooks in the admin/categories.php.  The need to modify the core file is now not required, and will make admin addons so simple.  Thanks 🙂 @burt

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

9 minutes ago, Mikepo said:

I like the hooks in the admin/categories.php.  The need to modify the core file is now not required, and will make admin addons so simple.  Thanks 🙂 @burt

I've got several core code changes in this file that I now need to work out how to get in with hooks.

42 minutes ago, bonbec said:

I think that Gary have an idea about hooks

Right.  But the thing that he didn't know was that you had a use case that required an additional hook (as I don't see where else to add this particular change, as it only makes sense just before displaying the new/edit product page, not in the existing hooks).  And of course this involves a core change to make that section modifiable, at least how I wrote it. 

If we get in the habit of making this kind of changes with hooks, then we are more likely to get the hook into core than we would be to get the specific change into core.  And then our site customizations will persist between versions. 

1 hour ago, Stephan Gebbers said:

..but i have to remove or change that google captcha hook for the catalog side. it shows up everywhere now.

Change its code.  If it is the Supporters Hook...you can ask for support via Email (or go and grab the update from the Club).

@Stephan Gebbers

In this post @burt explains how to add a couple lines of code to control which pages hooks are active:

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

I installed the ce-phoenix 1030. The installation is completed and the backend works. However the frontend has a error when starting.  Do I miss something? Thank you for your help in advance?

Warning: require(includes/database_tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/mcay360/includes/application_top.php on line 50 Call Stack: 0.0001 362672 1. {main}() /volume1/web/mcay360/index.php:0 0.0001 363392 2. require('/volume1/web/mcay360/includes/application_top.php') /volume1/web/mcay360/index.php:13 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/database_tables.php' (include_path='.') in /volume1/web/mcay360/includes/application_top.php on line 50 Call Stack: 0.0001 362672 1. {main}() /volume1/web/mcay360/index.php:0 0.0001 363392 2. require('/volume1/web/mcay360/includes/application_top.php') /volume1/web/mcay360/index.php:13

2 minutes ago, webwork said:

Warning: require(includes/database_tables.php):

You are using an application_top.php which is from an older version or you copied the admin application_top.php in the store side. database_tables.php and the includes is removed in phoenix store side.

Thank you very much for your quick help. This is a  brand new installation with oscom2ce-phoenix-v1.0.3.0.zip downloaded from https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/releases

include/configure.php

<?php
  define('HTTP_SERVER''http://192.168.29.230');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER''http://192.168.29.230');
  define('ENABLE_SSL'false);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN''');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN''');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH''/mcay360/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH''/mcay360/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG''/mcay360/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG''/mcay360/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG''/volume1/web/mcay360/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
  define('DB_SERVER''localhost:3307');
  define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME''test');
  define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD''test');
  define('DB_DATABASE''test');
  define('USE_PCONNECT''false');
  define('STORE_SESSIONS''mysql');
  define('CFG_TIME_ZONE''Africa/Abidjan');

13 minutes ago, webwork said:

This is a  brand new installation with oscom2ce-phoenix-v1.0.3.0.zip downloaded from https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/releases

So I just downloaded the package from the same releases page.  It is called CE-Phoenix-1.0.3.0.zip and the includes/application_top.php file has a closing curly brace on line 50, not a require. 

Meanwhile, admin/includes/application_top.php does have that require at line 50. 

Please replace your includes/application_top.php with the right file. 

The issue is that I unziped the file in window 10 and copy/paste to the web directory. I unzipped the file in web server directly and it works. Thank you very much for help. Another question, I have a store using v2.3.4.1 CE. How can I migrate to ce-phoenix? 

8 hours ago, webwork said:

How can I migrate to ce-phoenix? 

We have recently done this for our own shops.
We installed Phoenix into a temporary new sub directory/folder on the current website.
Check for new modules to replace your old ones if you have them - many have been updated to run on Phoenix with no core code change.
Transfer database tables from your old database to the new database.
Take the time to make sure the structure of the tables you are copying are the same as the destination before you export/import.
When ready - change configure files in sub directory/folder to the root/path of shop directory - copy all files from the sub-directory up to the shop directory.

9 hours ago, Heatherbell said:

Transfer database tables from your old database to the new database.
Take the time to make sure the structure of the tables you are copying are the same as the destination before you export/import.

I simply moved my existing (old) database and adjusted it to suit Phoenix. I have lots of extra data that I didn't want to lose.  I could have added all the extra fields to the new Phoenix database but that would have resulted in a having copy of the old database anyway.  So I took the easy way out.  So far I've only run into one field that needed be added to my old database.  products_gtin.  I also copied over the Phoenix configuration and configuration_goups tables to my old database so I got rid of the old settings and started Phoenix fresh. 

Just pointing out that there are other ways to skin a cat.

Dan

26 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

Just pointing out that there are other ways to skin a cat.

Talking of skining cats 🙀 for what t's worth I find it's best to keep the old site as backup just in case things go tit's up as they say.

1) back up your whole site in cpanel, most hosts have a one click operation for this.

2) copy your whole public_html folder to public_html_CEold

3) In cpanel make copy of your current database.

That's it your done you can now install you new Phoenix as you wish knowing that you have a live copy of you current site that you can switch back to at any time by just renaming the public_html_CEold folder.

It also allows you to move any add-ons over to new version  by simply copying from old folders. All you do is remove -2-5 from th path and it's moved to new site :)

home/oscp******/public_html-2-5/includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_jcm_hcats.php

new site

home/oscp******/public_html/includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_jcm_hcats.php

helps reduce erros when copying over lots of files, this way it allways move to correct place.

Archived