• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Legal agreements By clicking this box (PHOENIX)

milerwan

Hi,

A priori, the acceptance of the general conditions of sale (via the electronic signature of the customer) must take place at the time of the order confirmation.
This rule prevails in the EU.

It may be well to adapt Phoenix to this regulation, don't you think?

Here is an example of what it might look like.

NB: Sorry for not being able to post this subject in the Phoenix club.

legal_agreements_phoenix.jpg

electronic_signature_from_checkout_confirmation.jpg

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

1 hour ago, milerwan said:

This rule prevails in the EU.

Very odd? Why would a customer that has aready agreed to terms when making the account need to agree to them again everytime he or she places an order! makes no sense.

A new customer who has no account I can understand, but then again it only needs to be done if they refuse to make an account ( or you have guest checkout) but then I'm not a legal expert on EU law.

According to the European law, the general conditions of sale applicable are those which are in force at the time of the sale.
If the general conditions of sale have been modified after registration (I have clients registered for 13 years and my Terms have been modified to adapt to European laws 2 times since), how can he be aware if he don't have knowledge of it at the time of purchase?
I know that the majority of customers do not read them, but officially they have to do it.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

I have taken agreeing to terms and conditions away from the Create Account page and added it to the shopping checkout process. Makes more sense there. Even though many would not read them, they are there if they need to see them. They would not know if they have been changed from one order to the next, but they agree them. As long as I keep a copy of the terms and conditions which are dated when ever they are changed to comply with this EU legislation.

I also send newsletters when changes are made but that does only get to those that subscribe to newsletters.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Very odd? Why would a customer that has aready agreed to terms when making the account need to agree to them again everytime he or she places an order! makes no sense.

A new customer who has no account I can understand, but then again it only needs to be done if they refuse to make an account ( or you have guest checkout) but then I'm not a legal expert on EU law.

I recounted this fact because I read a decision of the Court of Justice of the EU which established that the electronic signature needed at the time of the order should be matched with the possibility for the customer to have access to the general conditions (a link is sufficient) to allow the customer to print and save them.

So without signature and without access via a link to the general conditions of sale, the customer can cancel the purchase in any circumstance...
Otherwise, it complies with the rules of the merchant.

Here is the article (in French) https://www.legavox.fr/blog/maitre-anthony-bem/validite-acceptation-clic-site-internet-18537.htm

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

To create a signature insert with a modal link that displays the "T&C at checkout" for 2.3.4 BS, Edge and so on, here are the changes to make :

1. In "checkout_confirmation.php" file

1a. Find this sentence :

require('includes/template_top.php');
?>

And replace by :

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>

<?php // Must agree to terms START ?>
<script language="javascript"><!--
function check_agree(TheForm) {
  if (TheForm.agree.checked) {
    return true;
  } else {
    alert(unescape('<?php echo CONDITION_AGREEMENT_ERROR; ?>'));
    return false;
  }
}
//--></script>
<?php // Must agree to terms END ?>

1b. Find this sentence :

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');
?>

And replace by :

// Must Agree to terms START
//  echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');
  echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_agree(this);"');
// Must Agree to terms END
?>

1c. Find this sentence :

<div class="buttonSet">
    <div class="text-right">
      <?php

And replace by :

<?php // Must Agree to terms START ?>
  <br>

<div class="pull-right">
    <div class="panel panel-success">
	  <div class="panel-heading"><?php echo '<strong>' . HEADING_CONDITION_AGREEMENT . '</strong>'; ?><button type="button" style="margin-left:0px;" class="btn btn-info btn-xs pull-right" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#cgvModal"><i class="fa fa-eye"></i> <?php echo CONDITIONS; ?></button></div>
	  <div class="panel-body">
		<table width="100%">
		  <tr>
			<td class="small"><strong>
			  <?php echo CONDITION_AGREEMENT; ?></strong>
			</td>
			<td align="right" width="26px" onclick="window.document.checkout_confirmation.agree.checked = !window.document.checkout_confirmation.agree.checked;">
			  <?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('agree','true', false, 'onclick="window.document.checkout_confirmation.agree.checked = !window.document.checkout_confirmation.agree.checked;"'); ?>
			  <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('check_agreestatus', $value = 'true'); ?>
			</td>
		  </tr>
		</table>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>

<!-- Modal Conditions-->
<?php  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_MODAL_CONDITIONS); ?>
  <!-- Modal Conditions-->
<?php // Must Agree to terms END ?>

<div class="clearfix"></div>

<div class="buttonSet">
    <div class="text-right">
      <?php

2a. In "includes/languages/english/checkout_confirmation.php" file, add this at the end of the page :

// Must Agree to terms
define('HEADING_CONDITION_AGREEMENT', 'Electronic Signature');
define('CONDITIONS', 'T&C');
define('CONDITION_AGREEMENT', '"I have read the Terms and Conditions and I\'m agree to the terms."');
define('CONDITION_AGREEMENT_ERROR', "Please read our Terms and Conditions and declare accept them. If you do not do so, your order will not be processed.");
// Must Agree to terms

2b. In "includes/languages/french/checkout_confirmation.php" file, add this at the end of the page :

// Must Agree to terms
define('HEADING_CONDITION_AGREEMENT', 'Signature &eacute;lectronique');
define('CONDITIONS', 'CGV');
define('CONDITION_AGREEMENT', '"Je d&eacute;clare avoir pris connaissance des conditions g&eacute;n&eacute;rales de vente et en accepter les termes."');
define('CONDITION_AGREEMENT_ERROR', "Vous devez lire nos conditions de vente et déclarer les accepter sans quoi votre commande ne pourra aboutir.");
// Must Agree to terms

3. Create "includes/modules/modal_conditions.php" file with this :

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/languages/' . $language . '/conditions.php');
?>

<!-- Modal -->
	<div class="modal fade" id="cgvModal" role="dialog">
	  <div class="modal-dialog">

<!-- Modal content-->
		<div class="modal-content">
		  <div class="modal-header">
			<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal">&times;</button>
			<h4 class="modal-title"><?php echo CONDITIONS; ?></h4>
		  </div>
		  <div class="modal-body">
			<?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?>
		  </div>
		  <div class="modal-footer">
			<button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal"><?php echo TEXT_CLOSE_WINDOW; ?></button>
		  </div>
		</div>

</div>
	</div>

It's finish !

I'll be happy to offer this code to @burt for Phoenix (need adaptation for BS4 of course) and so bring my contribution to the project. :)

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

12 minutes ago, burt said:

Your first image is (I think) a screenshot of the Phoenix Demo ? 
If so, that shows a piece of code that (I think) does it, not?

Yes it is screenshot but as I mentioned above the EU legislation requires that there is, on the one hand, an electronic signature and, on the other hand, at least a link to the "Terms & Conditions" at the time of the confirmation of order, so located in the "checkout_confirmation" page.

I think we can keep legal agreements in the create_account page for "Privacy Policies" but for "T&C" it must be transferred to the checkout page in the form of an electronic signature.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

14 minutes ago, milerwan said:

Yes it is screenshot but as I mentioned above the EU legislation requires that there is, on the one hand, an electronic siganture and, on the other hand, at least a link to the "Terms & Conditions" at the time of the confirmation of order, so located in the "checkout_confirmation" page.

I think we can keep legal agreements in the create_account page for "Privacy Policies" but for "T&C" it must be transferred to the checkout page in the form of an electronic signature.

OK, in the demo site...I think one line of code to add into the checkout_confirmation page and you have the same there.  No big deal, no need for so much core code change.

As below;

c_c.jpg.b7ad4bd1d3b031f70e3745c4c1ac62dd.jpg

• 11 months later...

Archived