• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Bot reports and User Friendliness

Garret Krampe

32 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

That is sad but perhaps you have just been talking to the wrong people. I can assure you that 99% of what you are asking for can be done with Official or CE. As I said talk to one of the partners.

https://www.oscommerce.com/Services

Yeah you know what ? What is CE ? what is Pheonix ? What is boot strap ? Hell .. CPanel GIves a glowing recommendation .. for a dead code source.

Can we PLEASE sop using oscommerce .. as the Package name for CE Pheonix bootstrap etc .. and give some direction to this package ..

It is really not appropriate to use oscommerce .. as the package name anymore .

they are so different and the site doese not explain anything .. until 2 or 3 months down the track .. like me. Call your versions something else ..

becasue they are NOT compatible AT ALL .

Just now, JcMagpie said:

😂 we poor mortals have to make do with what is available. I'm sure a coder like you can make your own if required. It is what it is.

I have only one life .. spent 35 years in MRP and MRPII and Batch and accouting and all on mainframes. 

I do not have another 35 years to dedicate to a package that has ben butchered and neglected for 15 years.

As much as I would like to .. When I look at the SQL  it is OMG BASIC .. no realtionships no joins it is DBASE for online .. 

No brains went into this .. well at the time .. that is waht it was .. 10 or 20 years ago.

7 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

That trend link has been around for some time and if you search the forum you will find a nice responce from HPLD.

We can probably agree to disagree but it might be nice to pin this down once and for all.  Would you agree that it if hasn't been updated for php 7 that is it dated?  If it has been, I'll stop calling it dated.  

Best I could find doing a search regarding the php issue is this thread.  

I couldn't find the thread you referenced regarding HPLD post but if you come across it could you pop a link in here?

Dan

1 hour ago, Dan Cole said:

We can probably agree to disagree

Sure no problem with that at all 😊 we all have a different approch to things, I love my vintage cars as much as the new ones if not more.

The link yes it allways make me smile,

As for PHP

" There is a lot of excitement when releases are pushed out, however your current installation is not going to burn if you don't upgrade immediately. "

I have official osC running with no issues on PHP 7.2 all it took was a few small changes. If I can do it then I'm sure most compatent developers will have done it for customers. It's been said many times before just because PHP issue a new version does not require you to rush out and start using it. People are still running on 5.6 with no problems.

PHP have just announced "The PHP team is glad to announce the fourth release candidate of PHP 7.4: PHP 7.4.0RC4" :) , I'm not about to panic and try to use it.

As always it's a case of doing what is right for you and your site/business.

Okay then.  Please let me know if you ever come across that post HPDL saying 2.3.4.1 is php 7 ready and doesn't simply suppress errors as others have suggested.

Dan

1 hour ago, Dan Cole said:

Please let me know if you ever come across that post HPDL saying 2.3.4.1 is php 7 ready

😊 don't hold your breath! will you , i don't believe i ever stated that or implied it, not sure what HPDL view is other than the qutation i posted. We must have crossed wires at some point.

I think you're right and I confused your trend link comment with the php issue.  I see now that you were responding to KGTee.  My mistake on that.  I will continue breathing.

Dan

I hear yeah....it's easy to do with only the written word.  When I get out of hand it's is usually the dog house for me.  Maybe I need to try a dark corner too. :D  I'm sure the dog would be happier even if I"m not.

Dan

Archived