14steve14

Phoenix Better product page layout support topic

Before anyone starts I am fully aware of the PI modules available to some supporters, but some may not be supporters and may want a different layout to their product_info.php pages. For ease the PI modules should be obtained by becoming a supporter of Phoenix by paying either monthly or annually.

I spent a while trying to change the look of my product pages in Phoenix but could not get the effect that I had in Edge. This is down to a change in BS4 compared to the older BS3. In BS3 it was easy to place modules next to each other in the product info pages just by using the sort order and content widths, but that functionality was removed with BS4.

What this mod does is to replace the content block of code found in product_info.php from one to four blocks. One full width across the top, two in the centre side by side and one full width across the bottom of the page. Different widths of the centre two blocks can be altered in the product_info.php page code. It does change the code in the core product_info.php page and there is a need to create some new folders in the product info modules and languages folders. Once done any new module created for the standard product info page can be used with no changes. To fill the full width of the two centre blocks you should use a content width of 12.

New blocks can easily be added to create greater page variation by adding similar blocks to those now found in the product_info.php file, and creating the new folders needed. Existing new blocks can also be moved around the page by changing product_info.php.

Totally stand alone with one core code change to product_info.php.

Has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.2.5 only but may work on other versions. Will not work on pre Phoenix code.

Some of the modules in the images may not be available to non supporters.

Available at https://apps.oscommerce.com/wilqp&better-product-info-page-layout-phoenix

product-info top.png

product_info bottom.png

Edited by 14steve14
Reduce image sizes

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

On 10/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, JcMagpie said:

Work's fine, gives a nice tight layout to the page. I see you did not use the "row is-product" class in your file?

This sort of got cobbled together with the help of a few people. I believe that it gave Gary the idea for the PI modules that he did as he was talking about doing something during our discussions, but I was aware that some may not be supporters and have access to those files. I have since played more with my test site and have further split some of the widths modules to allow for greater layouts, but it was such an easy change I am sure that others could do the same.

What is the benefit of adding "row is product". If its worth it I could add to the current files.

25 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

What is the benefit of adding "row is product"

Just an observation nothing more the code works fine as is, as it's in the stock code may be worth keeping it the same.

With the "is special" class , a simple header tag can be used to make changes. If you have a unique class then simple code can be used to mod that class without touching core.

Here the "is special" lets me add a "wow" sticker overlay without having to touch the core code.

image.png.e115dbad4fbf6dbeb11de012d2e65d83.png

Thanks for that. I will update the files when I get a few minutes.

Just uploaded a new version including the suggestions made by @JcMagpie.