• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Intended for Georgia USA shows as Georgia the Country

altoid

Customer from Canton Georgia, USA somehow shows on PayPal as being from the country of Georgia, thus calculating the shipping rate to there instead.

Contacting the customer I was able to sort out her true address and edit on PayPal, but she way overpaid for shipping which I'll refund the difference.

Here's how her address showed on PP:

304 Beauty Dr
Canton, 30114
GA, Georgia

What a bit of mess.

This occurred on a "mostly" Edge version of OSC

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

39 minutes ago, altoid said:

Customer from Canton Georgia, USA somehow shows on PayPal as being from the country of Georgia, thus calculating the shipping rate to there instead.

Contacting the customer I was able to sort out her true address and edit on PayPal, but she way overpaid for shipping which I'll refund the difference.

Here's how her address showed on PP:

304 Beauty Dr
Canton, 30114
GA, Georgia

Yes, that's wrong setup, GA is already the Abbreviation for State Georgia and Georgia is set for country.

Correct address format should be:

304 Beauty Dr
Canton, 30114
GA, USA

4 hours ago, burt said:

I would bet on her having a wrong address set up at Paypal.

Which Paypal are you using to populate the data?  Express ?

Gary, yes I am using Express

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

4 hours ago, raiwa said:

Yes, that's wrong setup, GA is already the Abbreviation for State Georgia and Georgia is set for country.

Correct address format should be:

This is the first I've encountered such a thing, hopefully it'll not happen again.

The customer apparently didn't notice  or care about the high postage rate during her checkout.

Archived