• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Framework searched for Homepage

Phoenix Version 1 0 2 5

I like the way Phoenix is beeing displayed very much.

Therefore and to make my home pages more user friendly (according to google it is not) and similar
to the shop software i am looking for a  Framework to change my old html home pages up  to the new
user interface with php. There are so many Tools in the net who can do this, but i have no clue which.

I think there must be users in the comunity who have the same issue.

Any ideas or preferences with which Tools I could do it?

https://www.attias.ch

Personally, I think it is possible to migrate your entire old website to the new Phoenix shop.

E.g.

1) the old introduction page can go into the index page

2) the side contents can move to the navigation bar which currently you are not utilizing.

3) contact us, about us, can go to the footer

The Phoenix framework is exactly what you are looking for! Try explore further.

Hi David,

As an alternative suggestion, why don't you add these as pages to your shop instead to create a more seamless experience for your customer?

Everything I can see in the link provided can be added to your Phoenix shop.

I'm assuming it would be beneficial to keep your customers in your shop environment.

it is easy to add new pages to the shop, just:

1. Copy a simple page(e.g. conditions.php) and its corresponding language file.

2. Rename the page to what you want to call it.

3. Change all references in the files from the name of the old file (e.g. conditions), to the new one.

4. Add content. You probably only need to modify the language file to do this.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

So you want to go to https://www.attias.ch/angebot.html and have it look like https://www.attias.ch/ishop/conditions.php (with different text of course)?  If you're OK with changing the name to angebot.php, you could just make copies of the conditions page files. 

• angebot.php from conditions.php
  • includes/languages/german/angebot.php from includes/languages/german/conditions.php

In the new file, change

require('includes/languages/' . $language . '/conditions.php');
  $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link('conditions.php'));

to

require('includes/languages/' . $language . '/angebot.php');
  $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link('angebot.php'));

and in the language file, change

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Conditions of Use');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Conditions of Use');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Conditions of Use information.');

to reflect what you want to show, e.g.

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Unser Angebot');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Unser Angebot');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', <<<'EOTEXT'
<h2>Briefmarken</h2>
<p>Schweiz ab 1850 Einzelmarken/Sätze ab 40 % SBK</p>

<p>Rayon, Strubel, Sitzende Helvetia, Stehende Helvetia, Ziffermarken, Tellknaben und Brustbild, Freimarken, Werbemarken, Pro Juventute, Pro Patria, Blocks, Zuschlagsausgaben, Automaten-Marken, Rollenmarken, Porto Marken, Zusammenhängende, Zwischenstege, Kehrdrucke, Dienstmarken, Stempel Neuheiten, Schweizer Neuheiten, Schweizer Spezialitäten, Jahreszusammenstellungen, Abarten, Postfrisch , Gestempelt, FDC's, Vollstempel, Ersttag Vollstempel, Frankaturware etc...
  Diverse Länder</p>

<p>UNO Genf, Deutschland (in Bearbeitung).<br />
  Posten und Sammlungen</p>

<p>Kleine Posten und Sammlungen ab 10.-, Kiloware Schweiz und Ausland (Briefmarken zum Ablösen), Länder- und Motivsammlungen je nach Angebot.</p>

<p>Wühlkiste - jeder Brief 1.- Stutz - hier findet jeder einen kleinen Schatz.
  Ansichtskarten</p>

<p>Weit über 15'000 Schweizer Ansichtskarten am Lager (Litho, Lichtdrucke, Foto-AK's).
  Zubehör</p>

<p>Briefmarken-Kataloge (SBK, Zumstein, Michel), Sammler-Zubehör von Leuchtturm (einiges am Lager), Lindner auf Bestellung.  Hüllen für Ansichtskarten und Briefe, Archivierung etc., Briefmarken Alben, Systemalben für Briefmarken, Briefe, FDC, Ansichtskarten, Vordruckalben, Pinzetten, Lupen etc.<br />
  Fehllisten Bearbeitung</p>

<p>Wir bearbeiten gerne Ihre Fehllisten für Briefmarken, falls die gewünschten Marken nicht am Lager vorrätig sind, suchen wir Sie gerne kostenlos in Ihrem Auftrag und offerieren Ihnen diese. Hier können Sie uns mitteilen, was Sie suchen, bzw. was Ihnen fehlt.</p>

<p>Briefmarken-Neuheiten können bei uns im Abonnement bezogen werden!</p>
EOTEXT
);

I prefer the nowdoc syntax for multiple line strings.

There are also contributions like Page Editor , but it doesn't look like that's been updated for Phoenix.  If you have budget, you could pay someone to do that.  Either post in the Commercial Support Inquiries forum or PM @burt to see if he has something like that for Phoenix Supporters (annual fee required). 

If it's important that the name end in .html, then you could configure Apache's mod_rewrite to do that. 

Always back up before making changes.

Thank you all for your ideas, i am going to think about implementing my Homepage into Phoenix.
Currently These are all html Pages, so Google crowle them and These are listed in the Google Search.
How this function when the old pages are moved to php Pages.

Are they found by Google Search as well and listed in Google Search?

Any experience?

23 hours ago, ecartz said:

So you want to go to https://www.attias.ch/angebot.html and have it look like https://www.attias.ch/ishop/conditions.php (with different text of course)?  If you're OK with changing the name to angebot.php, you could just make copies of the conditions page files. 

• angebot.php from conditions.php
  • includes/languages/german/angebot.php from includes/languages/german/conditions.php

In the new file, change

require('includes/languages/' . $language . '/conditions.php');
  $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link('conditions.php'));

to

require('includes/languages/' . $language . '/angebot.php');
  $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link('angebot.php'));

and in the language file, change

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Conditions of Use');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Conditions of Use');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Conditions of Use information.');

to reflect what you want to show, e.g.

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Unser Angebot');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Unser Angebot');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', <<<'EOTEXT'
<h2>Briefmarken</h2>
<p>Schweiz ab 1850 Einzelmarken/Sätze ab 40 % SBK</p>

<p>Rayon, Strubel, Sitzende Helvetia, Stehende Helvetia, Ziffermarken, Tellknaben und Brustbild, Freimarken, Werbemarken, Pro Juventute, Pro Patria, Blocks, Zuschlagsausgaben, Automaten-Marken, Rollenmarken, Porto Marken, Zusammenhängende, Zwischenstege, Kehrdrucke, Dienstmarken, Stempel Neuheiten, Schweizer Neuheiten, Schweizer Spezialitäten, Jahreszusammenstellungen, Abarten, Postfrisch , Gestempelt, FDC's, Vollstempel, Ersttag Vollstempel, Frankaturware etc...
  Diverse Länder</p>

<p>UNO Genf, Deutschland (in Bearbeitung).<br />
  Posten und Sammlungen</p>

<p>Kleine Posten und Sammlungen ab 10.-, Kiloware Schweiz und Ausland (Briefmarken zum Ablösen), Länder- und Motivsammlungen je nach Angebot.</p>

<p>Wühlkiste - jeder Brief 1.- Stutz - hier findet jeder einen kleinen Schatz.
  Ansichtskarten</p>

<p>Weit über 15'000 Schweizer Ansichtskarten am Lager (Litho, Lichtdrucke, Foto-AK's).
  Zubehör</p>

<p>Briefmarken-Kataloge (SBK, Zumstein, Michel), Sammler-Zubehör von Leuchtturm (einiges am Lager), Lindner auf Bestellung.  Hüllen für Ansichtskarten und Briefe, Archivierung etc., Briefmarken Alben, Systemalben für Briefmarken, Briefe, FDC, Ansichtskarten, Vordruckalben, Pinzetten, Lupen etc.<br />
  Fehllisten Bearbeitung</p>

<p>Wir bearbeiten gerne Ihre Fehllisten für Briefmarken, falls die gewünschten Marken nicht am Lager vorrätig sind, suchen wir Sie gerne kostenlos in Ihrem Auftrag und offerieren Ihnen diese. Hier können Sie uns mitteilen, was Sie suchen, bzw. was Ihnen fehlt.</p>

<p>Briefmarken-Neuheiten können bei uns im Abonnement bezogen werden!</p>
EOTEXT
);

I prefer the nowdoc syntax for multiple line strings.

There are also contributions like Page Editor , but it doesn't look like that's been updated for Phoenix.  If you have budget, you could pay someone to do that.  Either post in the Commercial Support Inquiries forum or PM @burt to see if he has something like that for Phoenix Supporters (annual fee required). 

If it's important that the name end in .html, then you could configure Apache's mod_rewrite to do that. 

Okay i did this for the buy page.

How can I connect the page attias_ankauf.php to the information boxes?

@Philo2005

Sure,

In includes/languages/german/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

Add angebot under Contact Us, or wherever you wish it to appear in the links e.g.

const MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_DATA = array(
    'privacy.php' => 'Privacy Notice',
    'conditions.php' => 'Conditions of Use',
    'shipping.php' => 'Shipping &amp; Returns',
    'contact_us.php' => 'Contact Us',
    'angebot.php' => 'Unser Angebot'

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

18 minutes ago, peterpil19 said:

@Philo2005

Sure,

In includes/languages/german/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

Add angebot under Contact Us, or wherever you wish it to appear in the links e.g.

const MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_DATA = array(
    'privacy.php' => 'Privacy Notice',
    'conditions.php' => 'Conditions of Use',
    'shipping.php' => 'Shipping &amp; Returns',
    'contact_us.php' => 'Contact Us',
    'angebot.php' => 'Unser Angebot'

Peter

@peterpil19

Thank you works fine 🙂

2 hours ago, Philo2005 said:

Thank you all for your ideas, i am going to think about implementing my Homepage into Phoenix.
Currently These are all html Pages, so Google crowle them and These are listed in the Google Search.
How this function when the old pages are moved to php Pages.

Are they found by Google Search as well and listed in Google Search?

Any experience?

You can set up permanent redirects to the new pages as well to tell Google the pages have moved if you are worried about losing page rank etc.  I'm not best placed to advise on this and there others on this forum more qualified than I to answer this question. If you google this, you should come across some strategies which may help.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

With mod_rewrite (Apache), you don't even have to redirect.  It is quite capable of serving the content of angebot.php when angebot.html is requested. 

I'm not sure that's necessary.  Google is quite capable of crawling .php pages with static content.  For example, searching for "Put here your Conditions of Use information." returns results from multiple osCommerce sites, even though that is certainly useless content. 

Documentation:  https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/rewrite/remapping.html

High ranked internet tutorial:  https://aloneonahill.com/blog/url-rewriting-for-beginners

Example:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule    ^angebot.html$    angebot.php    [L]

When angebot.html is requested, that will serve the content from angebot.php .

Or with redirect:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule    ^angebot.html$    angebot.php    [R=308]

Change the redirect code as appropriate (e.g. 301, 307, etc.).  The default is a 302, but that seems unlikely to be what you want here (302 means that people should continue to request the redirected URL, as the target is only temporary; presumably you'd be doing this permanently). 

Nginx may have similar capabilities, but I don't know how they work. 

Always back up before making changes.

@ecartz

Great answer.

I am bookmarking this one as it will come in handy in future.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

• 4 weeks later...

Archived