• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE . install issues

baudy

Hello everyone !

I am newbie here and have a weird issue after initial installation of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE.

Everything went fine, (i created the DB prior to installation) and all the requirements were met.

However at the end of the installation when i connected to Admin interface as well as the default shop page) I had it as a plain HTML -

Screenshot attached. Can you, please, help me to resolve ?

Thank you in advance !

2019-10-06_11-57-26.jpg

@baudy

Welcome!

Make sure to install the latest version, called CE Phoenix. See this topic.

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Thanx to everyone !

Just installed the latest Phoenix 1.0.2.5 and got absolutely same issue with admin interface. Default shop itself looks fine

Where should i check the paths ? In which files ?

Thanx in advance !

file is public_html/youradmin/includes/configure.php

should look like this.

<?php
  define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.co.uk');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.co.uk');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/youradmin');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/youradmin');
  define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.co.uk');
  define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.co.uk');
  define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
  define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/yourpath/public_html/');
  define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/youradmin/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/youradmin/');
  define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/yourpath/public_html/youradmin/');
  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/yourpath/public_html/');
  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
  define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'yourpath');
  define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'username');
  define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');
  define('DB_DATABASE', 'databasename');
  define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
  define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
  define('CFG_TIME_ZONE', 'Europe/London');

Have two more questions:

1. After successful install and deletion of .htpasswd_oscommerce as recommended in Administrator i have the following message -

This OSCOM CE Phoenix Administration Tool installation is not additionally secured through htaccess/htpasswd means.

The following files need to be writable by the web server to enable the htaccess/htpasswd security layer:

• /my website/public_html/admin/.htaccess
  • /my website/public_html/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce

Reload this page to confirm if the correct file permissions have been set.

.htpasswd_oscommerce is deleted and .htaccess is given the writable rights. How to fix this ?

2. What is the best procedure to migrate the DB from Oscommerce 2.3.4.1 to Phoenix with products , pictures, etc. ?

Regards,

19 minutes ago, baudy said:

deletion of .htpasswd_oscommerce as recommended in Administrator

I do not think it says that anywhere - that is why you are getting the error - i do not know how to fix that without starting again.
Migrating DB is best done 1 table at a time in case there structure differences and don't transfer configuration

2 minutes ago, Heatherbell said:

I do not think it says that anywhere - that is why you are getting the error - i do not know how to fix that without starting again.
Migrating DB is best done 1 table at a time in case there structure differences and don't transfer configuration

Thank you, .htaccess got fixed.

As for the DB migration - how should i do it ? Which tool/method to use ? The only thing i did so far is backed up the previous old .sql file.

Hopefully you still have access to your database in phpmyadmin or similar? Select each table - find 'export' in that DB and 'import' in the other DB - it's a slow job, you can't do the whole DB at once - done it myself - you will find some differences in table structure so compare the structures carefully - most are the same but check.

1 hour ago, Heatherbell said:

Hopefully you still have access to your database in phpmyadmin or similar? Select each table - find 'export' in that DB and 'import' in the other DB - it's a slow job, you can't do the whole DB at once - done it myself - you will find some differences in table structure so compare the structures carefully - most are the same but check.

Yes, indeed, i have a phpAdmin access to both DBs. Weird thing is that, for example, i mark "categories" table in source existing DB, make export and then make import to the same table in the target DB but it does not work. Gives an error like -

MySQL said: Documentation

#1050 - Table 'categories' already exists

And the content is not getting imported. Any tricks for export-import ?

19 minutes ago, baudy said:

Any tricks for export-import ?

If you have installed the test data then make sure you truncate the tables you are importing into first. Also remember not to import configuration table.

Thanx to all !

A couple of other questions (hope not bothering you all too much):

1. Do not see the pricing for the products in the shop page (however the price is in DB and in Admin/Product)

2. Banners are configured but are not displayed neither on the right nor in footer.

Thanx in advance.

Hi,

I think i found the core of the issue - if i use the currency different from the one which has ONLY ONE Symbol (US dollar, UK Pound or Euro) the interface shows "0" (zero) in the product price field.

In my case this is CHF (Swiss Franc). Just do not know how to fix this.

Hi @baudy

First, if you haven't already, make sure to install an Update Currency module in Admin > Modules. Otherwise the 'update currency' button in Localization > Currencies will not work.

I don't follow your comment re a ONE symbol above. Could you please clarify?

Also, could you post a screenshot of your currency settings from admin? (obviously when taking the screenshot, omit the web address so we do not see what you have called your admin folder, assuming you have renamed it).

Regards,

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

1 hour ago, baudy said:

Hi,

I think i found the core of the issue - if i use the currency different from the one which has ONLY ONE Symbol (US dollar, UK Pound or Euro) the interface shows "0" (zero) in the product price field.

In my case this is CHF (Swiss Franc). Just do not know how to fix this.

This has been a common issue and is never highlighted in the installation procedure. All you need to do is edit the includes/languages/english.php file.

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'CHF');

11 hours ago, peterpil19 said:

Hi @baudy

First, if you haven't already, make sure to install an Update Currency module in Admin > Modules. Otherwise the 'update currency' button in Localization > Currencies will not work.

I don't follow your comment re a ONE symbol above. Could you please clarify?

Also, could you post a screenshot of your currency settings from admin? (obviously when taking the screenshot, omit the web address so we do not see what you have called your admin folder, assuming you have renamed it).

Regards,

Peter

1. Which module i need to install in Admin > Modules ? Can you, please, specify ?

2. "One-symbol" currency is, for example, US Dollar. It's symbol is "$" (one symbol)

3. Screenshot below

2019-10-07_12-12-37.png

10 hours ago, kgtee said:

This has been a common issue and is never highlighted in the installation procedure. All you need to do is edit the includes/languages/english.php file.

Should i do this change in all installed language files ? (did not work for English, btw)

1 minute ago, baudy said:

1. Which module i need to install in Admin > Modules ? Can you, please, specify ?

2. "One-symbol" currency is, for example, US Dollar. It's symbol is "$" (one symbol)

3. Screenshot below

2019-10-07_12-12-37.png

Go to Admin > Modules > Update Currency. Press install and select one. Each essentially perform the same function - updating your currency values - so it is up to you which one you choose.  Install one e.g. ECB. Then go to Admin > Localization > Currencies and press "Update Exchange Rate".

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

@baudy
// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'CHF');
Only make this change in shopside includes/languages/english

If you're only using one currency on your shop there is no need to install a currency conversion updater.

Also ensure you do a browser refresh in case you are seeing a cached page.

Also try changing configuration=>My Store=>Switch To Default Language Currency

A couple of other questions::

1. Banners - i've configured 2 in Banner Manager but do not see any

2. Have a strange issue with the main page of the shop. The site is three-lingual, English, French and Russian. When i switch language to English or French everything looks ok. But when i switch to Russian the left frame is very narrow as on the screenshots.  What could be the issue ?

2019-10-07_16-56-27.png

2019-10-07_16-55-58.png

Archived