• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cosmetic changes to Phoenix Home Page

nsf43

@nsf43
There are many optional modules you will see in different categories when you click the Modules menu e'g' Content, Nav Bar Modules etc.
Install modules as you require them. First things first.

Have you secured your shop and admin?

Have you 'loaded' your shop with categories and products (in Catalog menu)?

Have you configured your shop for your country language and currency?

Have you installed and configured shipping module?

Have you installed and configured payment module?

Ask for help if you need it! :)

Heatherbell - yes, I have done all those things (I believe correctly - but time will tell!) And yes, I understand about custom.css vs. user.css.

I know that once I feel I am making progress, I will be comfortable.  At the moment, however, "flounder" seems to be the operative word! There is sooo much to take in.

I am a good css person, but when I added your color (colour) addition to user.css, nothing changed. And I did upload user.css.

There are other issues such as: modules that I request to be on the "right" do not display. "Left and Home" work just fine.

Well, I think I have lost my mind.  I have put in cache code. I have put some outrageous things in user.css. I even copied all of Malcolm's code into the css.  NOTHING changes.  

.navbar,
.navbar-brand,
.cm-navbar

font-family:"Courier New", Courier, monospace;
    background-color:#FF0000;
}

This is one of the things I tried.

I am using Phoenix.  Also, I am using the navbar "brand" just showing my site name for now.  Any of that make a difference?

Hi Nancy,

Some great advice above.

I understood that custom.css was deprecated in a recent version of Phoenix so I do not think you have the latest version installed.

Also, make sure to become very familiar with Bootstrap 4's  'shorthand' utilities: https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap4/bootstrap_utilities.asp

More generally, understanding Bootstrap 4 components and utilities will allow you to make lots of changes with ease.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Make sure that your user.css file is the last one listed in your view source. Mine was first in the list not last, and there has now been a fix for this so look in the phoenix announcements thread if you are using Phoenix..

Also use the developer tools available with most browsers, I know chrome and firefox have them, to inspect an element to see what is controlling the area or item you want to change.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived