• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Double Main and Large Images

Bar Italia Classics

I am starting to realize that I misunderstood the "Main" image / "Large" image system. I have made the mistake of adding several hundred items to my site using only a "Main" image. Is there any way to quickly set a flag and double my "Main" image files into the "Large" image slot without doing them one at a time with the admin GUI tool?  I understand that load times are not ideal when my "small" images are 550x440, but at this point I'm mostly interested in quickly getting both slots populated with something so that the display isn't all jumbled. Once I know where the pointers are in the scripts, I'm sure I can re-point to smaller (100x80) resizes, if necessary.

Hi there,

On the subject of image size and load times I would recommend @raiwa's excellent Kissit thumbnailer add on: https://apps.oscommerce.com/oTI8V&kissit-image-thumbnailer-ce

It also allows you to change the size of images with ease.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

27 minutes ago, Bar Italia Classics said:

Is there any way to quickly set a flag and double my "Main" image

Take a look at this post, uses a simple SQL to copy over the product image in to the large image table. As always back up first.

2 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

Take a look at this post, uses a simple SQL to copy over the product image in to the large image table. As always back up first.

I'm Sorry. I can not find the file that this is referring to. My question is, when I go in and add an image to an item using the admin tool, what file(s) is actually being modified?

@Bar Italia Classics
No file is modified, you are adding to the database - you first need to open your database and run the sql as shown in the post
(In phpmyadmin) With an empty products_images table run this query and it will add the data as if you've uploaded the image twice saving hours of time!
INSERT INTO `products_images` (`products_id`, `image`) SELECT `products_id`, `products_image` FROM `products`

Repeat : We would advise you to update your oscommerce to the latest version CE Phoenix - your current software is out of date.

31 minutes ago, Bar Italia Classics said:

I'm Sorry. I can not find the file that this is referring to

No file is involved in this. All images are stored in the database the main image is in the product table under products_image

image.png.34f1656c5ddf2888de36f789ef900b26.png

all the large images are in the products_images table under image with a sort order.

image.png.e7dee6c0230bc15a20fefc1b0f2dce08.png

So you must do this by running a sql script on your database. If you do not know how to do this ask your host for help.

or go to your site control panel and back up your databse first. The use

image.png.b6e172a467058e9eac706b9198872e0d.png

to open your data base and click on SQL and paste the code as shown and press Go. That should be it as long as all your products have a main image it will be copied over to large image table. Please remember to backup first.

image.png.67e02a15dd7101077453796a9299c933.png

Archived