• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Show PayPal fee in order total

SCH_001

2 hours ago, bonbec said:

PS : On the other hand nothing forbids to grant a reduction with another means of payment ...

Can't remember where I read it but doing that is not allowed either - if you offer the payment method you cannot discount for it in favour of another - either accept the payment method or not, except for cash where you are obliged to accept that.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, milerwan said:

I have just uploaded at the moment (2 times by mistake ^^) my module.
Here are the links :

- https://apps.oscommerce.com/6aWHK&paypal-fee-v2

- https://apps.oscommerce.com/Uyola&paypal-fee-v2

@milerwan

Hi milerwan

1. Having Problems installing your PayPal fee v2 with OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.2.5 and PHP Version 7.1.1 and mysqlnd 5.0.12
SQL Syntax Error on Insert (last line) about your comment in the SQL statement, did change it to the following:
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added)
values ('Ordre de tri', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER', '4', 'Ordre de tri', '6', '5', now())");

--> removed ( ) from comments !!!

2. This module works fine now with "PayPal Payments Standard" on my installation (Maybe you should mention this in your installation guide)
    but it did not work with "PayPal Express Checkout" before.

For this I had to find "PDT Identity Token" on Swiss PayPal side after 2 Hours Research, i dont know anymore, where it was

Thanks for writing it! 
I am going to charge the custumer in future if he pays with PayPal . In Switzerland this is allowed!

5 hours ago, bonbec said:

No Gwenn :

Appelé le surcharging“, cette pratique est interdite par le code Monétaire et financier dans son article L 112-12. « Le bénéficiaire ne peut appliquer de frais pour l’utilisation d’un instrument de paiement donné. Il ne peut être dérogé à cette interdiction que dans des conditions définies par décret, pris après avis de l’Autorité de la concurrence, compte tenu de la nécessité d’encourager la concurrence et de favoriser l’utilisation de moyens de paiement efficaces ».

In english :

Called overcharging ", this practice is prohibited by the Monetary and Financial Code in its article L 112-12. "The beneficiary may not charge a fee for the use of a particular payment instrument. This prohibition can be waived only under conditions defined by decree, taken after the opinion of the Competition Authority, taking into account the need to encourage competition and promote the use of efficient means of payment.

PS : On the other hand nothing forbids to grant a reduction with another means of payment ...

Who said the contrary ?!?
My module just proposes to add fees related to the outsourced payment management related to PayPal's infrastructure... :)

From my point of view, there is no problem to add fees that you want to order if it involves a complex and/or risk management.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

1 hour ago, Philo2005 said:

@milerwan

Hi milerwan

1. Having Problems installing your PayPal fee v2 with OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.2.5 and PHP Version 7.1.1 and mysqlnd 5.0.12
SQL Syntax Error on Insert (last line) about your comment in the SQL statement, did change it to the following:
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added)
values ('Ordre de tri', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER', '4', 'Ordre de tri', '6', '5', now())");

--> removed ( ) from comments !!!

2. This module works fine now with "PayPal Payments Standard" on my installation (Maybe you should mention this in your installation guide)
    but it did not work with "PayPal Express Checkout" before.

For this I had to find "PDT Identity Token" on Swiss PayPal side after 2 Hours Research, i dont know anymore, where it was

Thanks for writing it! 
I am going to charge the custumer in future if he pays with PayPal . In Switzerland this is allowed!

Thank you for feedback !

1. You can get update v2.0.1 that solves PHP 7.x issue and installation issue too (my fault) https://apps.oscommerce.com/6aWHK&paypal-fee-v2

* Update V2.0.1
- PHP 7.x compatibility fixed (includes > modules > order_total > ot_paypal_fee.php, line 42) :
 "function ot_paypal_fee()" replace by "function __construct()"
- Fix installation error due to backslash missing (includes > modules > order_total > ot_paypal_fee.php, line 150) :

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Ordre de tri', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER', '4', 'Ordre de tri pour l\'affichage (Le plus petit nombre est montré en premier).', '6', '5', now())");

2. Yes, this module only supports PayPal Standard solution... Your comment has been added to the apps :

IMPORTANT: Works only with PayPal Standard solution.

Sincerely

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

6 hours ago, SCH_001 said:

@milerwan Using your PayPal fee module if I commented out line 84
          $order->info['total'] += $paypal_fee;

Will this still show the PayPal fee but not add it to the total?
I am hoping I can set the sort order high enough that it will appear under the Total.
and then changing the language file to something like Non Refundable PayPal Fee

If line 84 is the incorrect line to comment out / change can you please point me in the right direction

You can't partially refund an order in case of return of product(s) or entire cancellation by the customer unless it is a non-recoverable product/service listed on the invoice.
Hence the interest to include additional costs that are added to the total to be deducted from the rest if necessary.

Do not be afraid to charge a processing fee, customers are aware that PayPal is not only a payment solution but an associated service that gives them advantages!

If customers are not willing to pay fees to use PayPal then they are free to choose another payment method... :sleep:

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"