mfleeson

Moving Data from previous Osc to Phoenix

As part of my experimentation with Phoenix, I wrote the following database script to move my current live data into Phoenix so I could see what it did. I thought I'd share it for anyone who's needing to move a live store to test or vice-versa. Any questions/comments please let me know.

For this script to work, load it into your database tool and search and replace changing old_db to the name of your current live site (or origin data), select the new phoenix database and run the queries there.

A couple of things I noticed moving from a 2.3.4 to Phoenix.

Check your old sites categories_description table.  Some older sites do not have categories_seo_description so this will fail on the select. change to '' in select.

Check your manufacturers_info table for 'manufacturers_seo_description',and other seo fields and if it fails change them to '' in the select.

If you get an error Data truncated for column then it means your old table has larger text length than in phoenix. Adjust phoenix field length and re-run query.

A lot of old products table do not have products_gtin fields, modify field to '' in query

Test Move SQL.sql