• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

support thread for JcM Header Jam on Toast V1.0 Phoenix

JcMagpie

This is a header add-on that lets you place a bootstrap “toast” pop-up onto any page/pages on your site.

The placement can be set in admin left/right, top/bottom and margin.

The message is set in the language files. Like many people I personally don't like pop-up’s and find them distracting. So how to use it and not annoy your customers?

Keep it relevant to the page it’s shown on. Also it is designed to auto hide after set time which you can set in admin. The customer can also close it anytime.

Plus it is designed to show only once. So if the customer refreshes the page it will not show again. If he leaves and comes back to the site on the same device it will not show again. It uses a small cookie to keep track of the visit. It will only show a second time if the browser cookies have been cleared.

This will help avoid the situation when the customer keeps seeing the same message every time they switch pages.

It’s up to you if you wish you can edit the script and have it show whenever you like.

That’s it enjoy.

It has only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.2.2 only.

Can be seen working on this custom test site

image.png.a8417f38b69cd96823b6718ca5024316.png

image.thumb.png.202fcc1f3053cb9879f5d54e47598833.png

• 5 months later...

good day @JcMagpie

Thank you very much for this magnificent addon. I tested it in Phoenix 1.0.4.0 and it works flawlessly. 

I sent you this message a few days ago, but it seems to me that someone forgot to moderate it since I was banned (again .... :( ).

How can I make the Jam on Toast appear again with a higher frequency (once a day for example)?

Thank you for this and many other addons and for your support of the community.

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

• 5 months later...