• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart modules - changes needed

Maybe this was already discussed. When I display the content of my shoppingcart the icons for refresh and delete quickly move to a spot that sitords the view. (attachement).

I know, I use quite long descriptions but this is not nice for the eyes.

Also, the image is dropped when the window is the smalles possible. (also on the image).

As a matter of fact, I am hoping it gets changed back to how it was in frozen, like two rows and samller icons..... 🙂

shop_list.jpg

shop_list2.jpg

Sorry, other than changing the width/sort order, don't know how shopowner can change the appearance or behaviour across devices of the product-listing module.
In the eye of the beholder but I agree with ReneH4 above, the current look is not the best it could be.

Untitledq.png.486ffaecb4f1b895c4c405f3f8a1299d.png
Thinks: If product-listing was not a table and output like this? List on right would shuffle below image in mobile.
Don't get me wrong, just thoughts, trying to be constructive here, I have no idea what is and what is not possible.

Shopowner would create a new module to suit his needs.  This is the concept of modularity;

• shopowner thinks "hmmm, that could be laid out nicer"...
  • he turns off the module
  • he creates a new module
  • he turns on that new module

I dont know what NNTR means.

Does everything have to be done DIY?  That is obviously a rhetorical question that does not need answering, but the point stands;

Modular page:  make or get made a replacement module.

It might be that creating an actual module is difficult/impossible for shopowner.  I get that, after all you guys are here to sell stuff, not code.  So, too difficult to code...then the shopowner needs to decide if they need changes desperately enough to warrant getting someone with the necessary skillset to create such a module for them.  

And that replacement, if better than the original...could replace the original in core.  It's how the CE edition first came into being and it's how modules in CE for the last 5 years have evolved.  Well, the output of mostly one coder with a number of cool shopowners who agree to have their made module available to all.

@JcMagpie Would you happen to know if there is a WYSIWIG editor for creating pages like this?

I can read code a bit - I can change it a bit less - but I cannot write it at all..... 🙂

So if you know of an editor that is better that Notepad let us know... 

35 minutes ago, René H4 said:

@JcMagpie Would you happen to know if there is a WYSIWIG editor for creating pages like this?

Yes but they will not help as in osC php is mixed with html.

https://bootstrapstudio.io/

https://www.layoutit.com/build

https://pingendo.com/

It's not hard to do in simple code editor. https://code.visualstudio.com/

Just play with the code, if you break it no problem it's only testing after all. Best way to learn is to just do it. I will post test moduel that you can play with shortly.

Just a few mins can make changes. Like or not is personal view you can re do layout as you like.

image.png.05ac4edda9076fdadc8a95b419d4469c.png

image.png.479b48ddd9e5c4e67c85d04b6cf6c45e.png

5 hours ago, Heatherbell said:

You over estimate the abilities of shopowners. NNTR

That's why we should stick to being a shop owner and leave the coding to those that know what they are doing even if it means paying someone to do it. All you have to find is a coder that will listen to what you want and do what you want, not what they think you want. Thats the hard bit with some.

I have enjoyed a bit of a play with bootstrap 4. There are so many features that can be used and changed easily in all the areas of the code. All it takes is a quick read on the bootstrap code pages or w3schols sites and a simple change can make all the difference.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Anyone wanting to use this can use the files below which have been tested. Remember it's a no core change add-on. just turn off stock and turn on the new one. Don't like it just turn it off and turn on the stock again.

After playing around with it I stttled on a simple layout which remains the same between large and small screens. Could be improved further by adding Ajax to auto update cart and could get rid of the refresh button but that's for the wish list.

image.thumb.png.755e23bb5a2e9551573264c5d08a39f9.png

on small screen

image.png.f340bbc1bf318dc8ea93f16087ed9590.png

JcM shopping cart Product Listing V1.1.zip

Archived