• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Do I have to reinstall <sigh>

46 minutes ago, rebelsheep said:

I have a copy of Frozen installed - can I just FTP the Phoenix files up and just overwrite the Fozen files (I'll just remod any files I modded in Frozen, in Phoenix).

Or do I have to wipe and do a complete reinstall (sigh)?

If you just FTP, you'll end up with orphan files (files in Frozen that are not in Phoenix). 
I suggest to (sigh) install a new Phoenix elsewhere and have a play with it before doing anything else.  

Just now, rebelsheep said:

Thank you, as always Burt - I'll do a fresh install.

Just to have a little play with.  Note that 1.0.1.0 will be out imminently, just waiting on finalised testing of one new feature, so may be worth waiting a short while.

Once you have had a play, start to replicate your changes from Frozen, and then when happy just import your products/categories & customers/orders etc.

Has any of the database fields / structure changed?

My existing Frozen site was in test stage anyway - so will remove existing site and copy the files to the same server / folder.

Just wanting to know if I do a fresh install, what will happen to the existing database?

I've just upgraded to PHP 7.3. So far the latest version ( v1.0.1.0 ) of Phoenix works fine.

Is it possible to put in the 'read me' for the site code in GitHub exactly which versions of PHP Phoneix works with - as we go along and corrobate what works?

At the moment the read me specifys as Maximum of PHP 7.1.x.

More specific would be helpful... if this is practical.

What do others think?

I agree. At the moment 7.3 is ok for me.

This is from a fresh install of 1.0.0.4, then with v 1.0.1.0 added. I will let the community know if I run in to any problems.

Thank you for everyone's hard work in making this happen. As I learn more, I will try and contribute more.

I'm doing all addon updates and development on a local PHP 7.3.2 installation with Phoenix 1.0.0.4 and since today 1.0.1.0  and no problems until now.

Archived