• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fixed & Bogus: Multiple issues in Phoenix

Hi

From the front end if you go to buy apples and click on the down arrow next to the red star is does nothing?
Same when going to select country during create an account.

When in admin orders > orders and then edit it says Orders : at the top as you are now working on an order this should be just Order not Orders

Not a bug but a should have / need - in Australia and not sure where else we have to put our ABN on the invoice and also the invoice need to be called a Tax Invoice, we should be able to enter our business number / tax number in admin - configuration - store and the invoice needs this number on it along with the word Tax Invoice (or also make this a name which can be entered in admin configuration) this would make the included invoice usable for many

On a fresh install /phoenix/admin/modules_content.php won't load for me just give a empty screen :(

There is a heap of other add_on's which I feel should be included in the base package but as these would be only my opinion I will leave it out of this topic

1 minute ago, supercheaphobb said:

From the front end if you go to buy apples and click on the down arrow next to the red star is does nothing?
Same when going to select country during create an account.

Great, thanks for pointing that out.  Fixed in next push.

1 minute ago, supercheaphobb said:

When in admin orders > orders and then edit it says Orders : at the top as you are now working on an order this should be just Order not Orders

Not sure this really, truly, matters ?  That's quite nitpicky I'd say.

2 minutes ago, supercheaphobb said:

On a fresh install /phoenix/admin/modules_content.php won't load for me just give a empty screen :(

Update to 1.0.0.2 - zip file is attached in main Phoenix thread.

--

For the things below, yes - I'm not really looking for feature requests, more for things that are bust.  But thanks though.

3 minutes ago, supercheaphobb said:

Not a bug but a should have / need - in Australia and not sure where else we have to put our ABN on the invoice and also the invoice need to be called a Tax Invoice, we should be able to enter our business number / tax number in admin - configuration - store and the invoice needs this number on it along with the word Tax Invoice (or also make this a name which can be entered in admin configuration) this would make the included invoice usable for many

There is a heap of other add_on's which I feel should be included in the base package but as these would be only my opinion I will leave it out of this topic

23 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

Not a bug but a should have / need - in Australia and not sure where else we have to put our ABN on the invoice and also the invoice need to be called a Tax Invoice, we should be able to enter our business number / tax number in admin - configuration - store and the invoice needs this number on it along with the word Tax Invoice (or also make this a name which can be entered in admin configuration) this would make the included invoice usable for many.

Totally off topic I know but there is nothing stopping you, or anyone else,  creating a package that makes changes to the core code to comply with country specific legal requirements. If everything was kept country specific it would make loading them and updating them easy as each countries requirements changed. A package that would alter things like address layouts, tax values, date and time formats, and all sorts of other changes would be a start to making the code international.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

So after your comment

On 7/9/2019 at 9:06 PM, burt said:

Not sure this really, truly, matters ?  That's quite nitpicky I'd say.

Do you want to know about spelling mistakes / grammar or not?

Either way while I am typing... On the store front after install you have "Welcome on Store Name" I think this is meant to be Welcome to

But if you feel this is nitpicky I won't bother contributing as a shop owner about small error's...

4 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

So after your comment

Either way while I am typing... On the store front after install you have "Welcome on Store Name" I think this is meant to be Welcome to

But if you feel this is nitpicky I won't bother contributing as a shop owner about small error's...

Not too sure language errors are essential and a priority as most store owners would need to change these anyway. I went through nearly every language file and altered something just to make the site different to many others. Saying that they ought to be right.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

6 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

So after your comment

It always used to be like that - Welcome to - see the official osC versions. So this is by design, it is not an error in someone's opinion.

Archived