JcMagpie

Support thread for JcM CKEditor V1.0

3 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

ūüėä ahhh ok, no never looked at that.

Would make adding pages easier, you might need to add an option for the text area name too.

5 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

I have this installed and am using it on the front end of my site as well as the admin section. When I enter something using it it adds _/p_ or _p_ to the paragraphs in the database. It doesn't happen in the Admin though

this is expected behaviour on the shop side, it would do the exact same thing even if you did not have this installed, what is entered is being cleaned out by oscomerce, to prevent bad code being added to the database. 

one question why do you need it on the shop side?

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

43 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

I have @Jack_mcs article manager installed for creating blog style posts.

you would need to make changes to the articles manager addon to allow html to go through to the database, without it being filtered out.

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

22 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Should be available in your CK menu

image.thumb.png.661b49b7e7a4b396c424d4dcb3ce3b92.png

But you must have the image uploaded already or provide url to it

image.png.c8baa242dc4aee7fe3a17aac6438a2f2.png

It is, but there's no option to upload an image. As @kgtee pointed out CKFinder needs incorporating

This is not a opensource or free add-on so you need to be carfull how you use it. Simply replace the old hook file with this new one and down load the new files and copy them to you admin/ext foulder.    https://ckeditor.com/ckfinder/download/

Then you can upload images as you like.

image.png.e4516502817297f2096222c6430fef2d.png 

will update add-on shortly

ckedit.php

Has been updated to include the CKfinder plugin so images can be uploaded. Just copy all the files to required sections and your good to go.

JcM CKEditor V1.3 Phoenix

Please remember only the old versions of this are open source. If you use the new one then follow the rules for the software Commercial license

image.png.77fddba3b99f6d8e2db26c63af5e90f4.png

50 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

This is not a opensource or free add-on so you need to be carfull how you use it. Simply replace the old hook file with this new one and down load the new files and copy them to you admin/ext foulder.    https://ckeditor.com/ckfinder/download/

Then you can upload images as you like.

image.png.e4516502817297f2096222c6430fef2d.png 

will update add-on shortly

ckedit.php

Get an Object Not Found error when clicking the button.

As your giving it server side access you need to make sure you configuer the add-on properly. public_html/youradmin/ext/ckfinder/config.php

is the file with all the control.  around line 25 make sure it's set to true like this. You must understand it not fesable for me to support a thirdparty add-on in this thread.

If you plan to use the plugin then you need to learn how to use it.

https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckfinder/ckfinder3-php/configuration.html#configuration_options_authentication

$config['authentication'] = function () {
    return true;
};

image.thumb.png.98ef7d9fbda57f9d64d53af5cb3a1148.png

4 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

As your giving it server side access you need to make sure you configuer the add-on properly. public_html/youradmin/ext/ckfinder/config.php

is the file with all the control.  around line 25 make sure it's set to true like this. You must understand it not fesable for me to support a thirdparty add-on in this thread.

If you plan to use the plugin then you need to learn how to use it.

https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckfinder/ckfinder3-php/configuration.html#configuration_options_authentication

$config['authentication'] = function () {
    return true;
};

image.thumb.png.98ef7d9fbda57f9d64d53af5cb3a1148.png

Yeah I managed to get this far, just need to work out how to tell it to use my images folder.

Works fine once you configure it to have access to the server side, Image added no problem. Just know that the free version has limitations ūüėä .

image.thumb.png.833ecbaeca1c93233f0378f7d4134f45.png

3 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Again this is defined in the config file.

Is it this section?

$config['resourceTypes'][] = array(
    'name'              => 'Images',
    'directory'         => 'images',
    'maxSize'           => 0,
    'allowedExtensions' => 'bmp,gif,jpeg,jpg,png',
    'deniedExtensions'  => '',
    'backend'           => 'default'
);

Yes they are the defaults here

public_html/ckfinder/userfiles

To use something else just add a new directory by clicking new subfoulder

image.png.51818cb283e891aaa42a5bdf00081ab1.png

To use an existing on you would need to tell CK finder it exists in the config file I would think but then I know about as much as you do about this plugin.

11 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Yes they are the defaults here

public_html/ckfinder/userfiles

To use something else just add a new directory by clicking new subfoulder

image.png.51818cb283e891aaa42a5bdf00081ab1.png

To use an existing on you would need to tell CK finder it exists in the config file I would think but then I know about as much as you do about this plugin.

I'll do some research and have a play with it tonight. Thanks for adding it in and your help.

Try playing with the baseURL in the config.php file I belive that sets the path for the folders. Also be very carfull if you plan to use this on shopside! you will be giving server side access to anyone using the site.... not wise without seting some very strict limits in the config file.

/*=================================== Backends ========================================*/
// https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckfinder/ckfinder3-php/configuration.html#configuration_options_backends

$config['backends'][] = array(
    'name'         => 'default',
    'adapter'      => 'local',
    'baseUrl'      => '/ckfinder/userfiles/',
//  'root'         => '', // Can be used to explicitly set the CKFinder user files directory.
    'chmodFiles'   => 0777,
    'chmodFolders' => 0755,
    'filesystemEncoding' => 'UTF-8',
);

4 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Try playing with the baseURL in the config.php file I belive that sets the path for the folders. Also be very carfull if you plan to use this on shopside! you will be giving server side access to anyone using the site.... not wise without seting some very strict limits in the config file.

/*=================================== Backends ========================================*/
// https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckfinder/ckfinder3-php/configuration.html#configuration_options_backends

$config['backends'][] = array(
    'name'         => 'default',
    'adapter'      => 'local',
    'baseUrl'      => '/ckfinder/userfiles/',
//  'root'         => '', // Can be used to explicitly set the CKFinder user files directory.
    'chmodFiles'   => 0777,
    'chmodFolders' => 0755,
    'filesystemEncoding' => 'UTF-8',
);

Probably not going to put this on shop side, looking to move the shop side function I wanted this for to the back end.