asro2004

Stripe v3 module for SCA

@raiwaHi, hope you are well.

I noticed this issue recently and during the follow up tests that when existing customer or new (PWA) chose Stripe SCA as payment method, even going to site.com/checkout_confirmation.php create new order. 

During the test, I did not even fill card information, but only visiting this page created new order, however I do not receive order confirmation email, which shop owner and customer usually receive after successful completion of order.

I can only found out this through Admin site order page, but then I had to check Stripe website to confirm if customer successfully made payment or not.

Can you shed some light on this issue please, and how to resolve it.

Thanks

It is how the module works. It creates already the order at checkout_confirmation.php

See the very first messager in this thread:

As the process flow has changed to use a web hook, the order has to be created in a pending state, and then updated to completed status after the payment has been authorised. Consequently, you need to set the new order status to 'Preparing [Stripe SCA]', and the order status is set to the status the order is to be set to, after the payment is authorised.

Technical Notes

The Stripe v3 process flow now requires a PaymentIntent to be created before the payment page is displayed, and a 'data secret' it generates to be included in the HTML form. If a saved card is used, the Stripe customer id and payment method id has to be added to the PaymentIntent. During coding, it was found that a payment method could not be removed from a PaymentIntent, so rather than update the PaymentIntent with a server call as the saved card/new card is selected, the adding of the customer and payment method is deferred until immediately before submitting the payment to Stripe in a Javascript call when the form is submitted. The payment_intent.php server hook is also used to save the value of the 'save card' check box in the PaymentIntent so it is accessible to the webhook called after the payment is authorised.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, raiwa said:

It creates already the order at checkout_confirmation.php

Thanks,

Does that means that if status " Preparing [Stripe SCA]" shown in order and payment is not completed , then perhaps after some time we better delete this incomplete order, otherwise it will keep filling up incomplete order?

Also I have Google reCAPTCHA v3 installed which works well in new account page, but not working on PWA module. is it any way I can make it work in PWA module to stop possibility of spamming guest customers and unnecessary Stripe SCA incomplete orders.

Thanks

Edited by zeeshop

Does that means that if status " Preparing [Stripe SCA]" shown in order and payment is not completed , then perhaps after some time we better delete this incomplete order, otherwise it will keep filling up incomplete order?

Yes

Also I have Google reCAPTCHA v3 installed which works well in new account page, but not working on PWA module. is it any way I can make it work in PWA module to stop possibility of spamming guest customers and unnecessary Stripe SCA incomplete orders.

I do not know this module, but I believe you just need to add the create_account_pwa.php page to the page list where to add it.

You should ask the developer of that module.