• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpcurl error

SCH_001

Customers are telling me PayPay payments are not working and on doing a SSL test it is failing saying something about the host and phpcurl on clicking more info it seems like old info from 2018.. so why is this failing now with the same error as last image on the more info link

Do you know when it stopped working? Does the paypal log give you any more info?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

It's been a bit erratic but weekend sales have been quiet. Had a couple of customers let me know over the last couple of weeks but at same time others have succeeded.

logs don't show any error just multiple attempts from same users.

But the test in admin on the PayPal General tab is failing

I have just done a quick test on a couple of sites and on neither of them is the SSL test in the app configuration working.

My guess on that is the test in the app is now broken for some reason and I wouldn't prioritise finding out why it fails.

What exactly are you seeing as 'multiple attempts from the same users'?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Ok - it could well be that standard is working and express checkout not

Ok whats strange, is checkout with paypal from the cart screen and pay by paypal from the payment screen both failed in firefox with
image.png.892d71e1dd23c3a68a5c2807aea50cf0.png

But clearing the cache on google chrome, check out worked from both locations. Did not really want to clear my cache of firefox but I will go clear it and see if it resolves the checkout issue....

@BrockleyJohn Solved for now, sort of

Ok very frustrating it appears that I will have to put a notice on the cart and payment pages advising if PayPal fails to have my customer clear their cache in the browser. As this has resolved the problems for myself doing testing...

Unless anyone else has got an idea how or why this happens

@SCH_001

PP did a bunch of updates over the weekend and it looks like some of them have changed things that might be cached. I mostly use FF dev which reproduced the error but both FF & chrome went straight through. With a bit of luck it will go away soon if pp have a fairly short ttl on the cache policy for the object in question.

@burt the ssl test in the app runs against tlstest.paypal.com which isn't there any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this a bit - I noticed today while testing something else that my Instant Update for shipping rates isn't working.  I know that if SSL is failing the instant update won't work.  Did the SSL test and just like Burt its failing.  I migrated servers last month so possible connected to that, but wanted to ask if anyone discovered anything new in this subject Re: the PayPal end failing.

Two forks diverged in a git, and I— I took the fork traveled by burt, And that has made all the difference.

5 minutes ago, cdetdi said:

Bumping this a bit - I noticed today while testing something else that my Instant Update for shipping rates isn't working.  I know that if SSL is failing the instant update won't work.  Did the SSL test and just like Burt its failing.  I migrated servers last month so possible connected to that, but wanted to ask if anyone discovered anything new in this subject Re: the PayPal end failing.

No the reason that the paypal ssl test fails is that it's testing against servers that no longer exist. It fails on every site and server and is not an indication of a problem.